No idea. I sure hope not!

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Did an edit on Harbinger of Berath build to make it more suitable for the current patch (1.1) with the removal of Brilliant from Set to Their Purpose.  Just read the edit at the bottom of the page if interested.  Basically just replaced both talents for Set to Their Purpose and the talent for Her Courage as to get a fully upgraded Reny Daret/Ben Fidel and the upgrade to Seven Nights.

Also, without Brilliant it makes DoC breastplate an option, but I still find Reckless Brig better for durability purposes when bloodied.  So, your choice is more Guile or easier to stay in the Bloodied pocket. 

• Like 1

Hm, must be a copy & paste error. Sometimes the forum really wants to annoy me. With such a lengthy post and a lot of edits I encounter a lot of hickups lately when saving my edited post. Not too long ago all URLs got removed after saving or the list got cropped. Maybe that this left some errors (I'm like Obsidian: introducing new bugs with every patch ;)). I will fix this asap, thanks for notifying me.

Edit: fixed

Edited by Boeroer

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

• 2 weeks later...

Oh man, I'm super tempted to share my op as heck build to everyone but I'm afraid Obsidian might see it and nerf it to oblivion. What to do... I think I might just do a teaser!

Build Overview: Can solo 1.1 potd difficulty with Level Scaling Mod (can be downloaded from nexus mods, highly recommended). It is built to outlast the enemy while still maintaining respectable damage. It's basically the God of Attrition. It does not use any op based arcana/alchemy scrolls and potions which I think will be nerfed hard in the coming patch. 

With Berath's Blessing, I'm running 18 might, 18 perception, 18 intellect and 8 on everything. So it ends up to 20 might, 20 perception, 20 intellect and 10 on everything. 

Lore: She's a female pale elf hailing from The White that Wends. A frigid soul in a cold barren land. She wanders around aimlessly, unknowingly guided by the Cosmo. Always alone but determined, she gazes towards the coal-black unflinching sky, her treasured flute by her side. At a distance spanning mountains wide, there is fire and warmth. A caravan can be seen, perched upon the snow capped mountains, the smell of barley and ale, the jovial atmosphere and the loud chattering of kith resting after a long day's travel. Unmistakably, the group of kith starts hearing a faint but sonorous melody. Their once loud chattering stopping abruptly as if the time itself has stopped. Even the previously biting gale lays still, replaced by the echoes of a forgotten past, yearning for a distant future. It ceases to be heard as the stars appear in the sky. And just like that, this band of weary travelers have bared witness to a famous bard's tale only thought to have been a legend. 

Edited by giftmefood
  • Like 1

Oh man, I'm super tempted to share my op as heck build to everyone but I'm afraid Obsidian might see it and nerf it to oblivion. What to do... I think I might just do a teaser!

Build Overview: Can solo 1.1 potd difficulty with Level Scaling Mod (can be downloaded from nexus mods, highly recommended). It is built to outlast the enemy while still maintaining respectable damage. It's basically the God of Attrition. It does not use any op based arcana/alchemy scrolls and potions which I think will be nerfed hard in the coming patch. 

With Berath's Blessing, I'm running 18 might, 18 perception, 18 intellect and 8 on everything. So it ends up to 20 might, 20 perception, 20 intellect and 10 on everything. 

Lore: She's a female pale elf hailing from The White that Wends. A frigid soul in a cold barren land. She wanders around aimlessly, unknowingly guided by the Cosmo. Always alone but determined, she gazes towards the coal-black unflinching sky, her treasured flute by her side. At a distance spanning mountains wide, there is fire and warmth. A caravan can be seen, perched upon the snow capped mountains, the smell of barley and ale, the jovial atmosphere and the loud chattering of kith resting after a long day's travel. Unmistakably, the group of kith starts hearing a faint but sonorous melody. Their once loud chattering stopping abruptly as if the time itself has stopped. Even the previously biting gale lays still, replaced by the echoes of a forgotten past, yearning for a distant future. It ceases to be heard as the stars appear in the sky. And just like that, this band of weary travelers have bared witness to a famous bard's tale only thought to have been a legend. 

I really like the Lore part :)

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say it's a Spiritualist. Alternative guesses include Herald and Loremaster :p

Got a new one for you Boeroer. ;)

The Fate Testarossa

Subclasses: Fury/Helwalker

Or; how to accidentally your Watcher more anime than Ydwin

Author: Ascaloth

Game version: 1.1.0.0035

Difficulty: PotD

Solo: Untested

EDIT: Oh, I finished just in time to slot another one in.

Tuono e Fulmine

Subclasses: Frermas mes Canc Suolias/Chanter

How to make Pallegina hit like Thunder, and strike like Lightning

Author: Ascaloth

Game version: 1.1.0.0035

Difficulty: PotD

Solo: No

Edited by Ascaloth

Hi - thanks. I will be flying home today evening. Once I boot up my computer I will add the new builds. It's so tedious to edit rich text on the phone. Thanks for your patience! :)

• Like 1

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102537-solo-potd-build-gypsy-thunder-ranged-brawler/?do=findComment&comment=2057559

Hello, I have a new build.

"Gypsy Thunder"

Subclasses: Devoted/Nalpazca

Author: Giftmefood

Game Version: 1.1.0.0035

Difficulty: POTD

Solo: YES

I could tag builds with a small picture or text. Like so: companion.png?dl=1?

Or I could just add a line to every build wher it says if it's compatible to companions, like so:

The Example Dude
An example that's just there to show stuff
Subclasses: Exampler/Templater
Author: Boeroer
Game Version: 1.1
Difficulty: PotD
Solo: Untested

Companion: Serafen

The Template Guy
imagine this would be an actual build
Subclasses: Showmaker/Model
Author: Boeroer

Companion: -

• Like 1

Boerer, could you include a section for companion builds? There are a few floating around, and that's something I'd like to see.

I have now added a seperate line to every build entry so we can add companions that work with that build. You you tell me which companion builds are out there so that I can add their names to the build ar add the whole build to the list? I already added the Pallegina build, but I guess there are more companion builds?

• Like 1

Boerer, could you include a section for companion builds? There are a few floating around, and that's something I'd like to see.

I have now added a seperate line to every build entry so we can add companions that work with that build. You you tell me which companion builds are out there so that I can add their names to the build ar add the whole build to the list? I already added the Pallegina build, but I guess there are more companion builds?

The other one I was thinking of was the Engaging Eder one, but it isn't put into the format that the rest are. I'll post on that thread to ask if the poster will put it into the proper format, and if he isn't willing to, I'll try to do it myself.

I have made the fast assassin again, like I did in PoE1. https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/102607-class-build-the-fast-assassin-deadfire-edition/

I would be happy if you put it on the list and I will try to update it to later patches, unless they change the game so much that this concept becomes useless.

I wanted to wait some more, but I had to post a build before somebody else has posted all my ideas. ( Like the Lady of Pain, I had something similar in mind )

The other one I was thinking of was the Engaging Eder one, but it isn't put into the format that the rest are. I'll post on that thread to ask if the poster will put it into the proper format, and if he isn't willing to, I'll try to do it myself.

Ok, I'll wait and see. Atm that build is not very "fleshed out". :)

I have made the fast assassin again, like I did in PoE1. https://forums.obsid...adfire-edition/

I would be happy if you put it on the list and I will try to update it to later patches, unless they change the game so much that this concept becomes useless.

I wanted to wait some more, but I had to post a build before somebody else has posted all my ideas. ( Like the Lady of Pain, I had something similar in mind )

Ok, added it.

Can you add this guy? Thanks:

https://forums.obsid...st-dd-marauder/

"Lightning Sphinx"

Subclasses: Berserker/ Assassin

Description: Self-buffing Lightning lash Marauder

Author: 1TTFFSSE

Game Version: 1.1.0.0035

Difficulty: POTD

Solo: yes

Yup! :)

What Do you guys think: if there would be a mechanic where I could pull out the "likes" of a build (opening post of the individual build thread) and put them besides the entry in the list - would you be interested in such a thing? Like so:

The Example Dude star.png?dl=1star.png?dl=1star.png?dl=1star.png?dl=1

An example that's just there to show stuff

Subclasses: Exampler/Templater

Companion: Serafen

The Template Guy star.png?dl=1star.png?dl=1

imagine this would be an actual build

Subclasses: Showmaker/Model

Companion: -

---

One star would represent 10 likes for example. No idea how to realize this yet. The obvious thing would be to look into the build posts, write down the number of likes and then put the corresponing number of stars besides the list entry. You may understand that this would not be my preferred method. ;)

If you want something like that let me know. And if you have smart ideas how to simplify it then please let me know.

I don't think it's easy to get the admins to implement stuff into the forum. I already tried to get anchors in and so far I got no reply from a board admin. So it would be best if the ideas worked in the scope of "unmodded" forum mechanics.

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 1