Epic melee build, excellent balance of DPS and survivability (and easy to focus one way or the other).

Build Name

Brutal.

Subclass(es)

Berserker Barbarian + Devoted Fighter

Sword-devoted fighter, stacking berserker + devoted bonus, + frenzy + disciplined barrage. Warrior stances add versatility, the fighter Charge attack adds mobility. Using upgraded modwyr negates the confuse from berserker's frenzy.

Invest in Disciplined barrage, Blood frenzy, conquerer stance, Charge. Advise to pick up Savage Defiance and/or Vigorous Defence as well. Rest in passives for + damage + attackspd + defense in that order.

Author:

Me (but who knows who else did)

Game version: 1.0.2.

ARMOR Miscreant's leathers (more dps) or The Bloody Links (more survivability)

WEAPON Modwyr + Griffin's Blade

HELM Death's Maw

RING Entonia's signet ring, Ring of greater regeneration

BELT Undying Burden

etc

Difficulty:

POTD

Solo:

Played as duo, probably solo able as well.

Been an extremely rewarding playthrough. Highly unstoppable - but gets fkd by Arcane Dampener (damn OP) so beware of mages.

Hi,

thanks for the build, but you should put your description into a separate thread so I can put a link into the build list (which gets edited/maintained by me - see my opening post).

Then people can also discuss the individual build without filling this thread. :)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

What do you mean?

Edit: Ah - the title. Haha - that was a copy & paste error. I copied the whole opening post from the PoE charbuild subforum and must have missed that number when editing it.

Edited by Boeroer

Mine (Lady of Pain) was. I played PotD with no scaling in a party of 5.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Seeing how there is no Witch character so far, maybe I have to post mine... but it's more or less completely without gimmicks and special synergies and exploits of weird mechanical intricacies, so I'm almost ashamed to put it here :grin:

But maybe using WoteP with soul annihilation counts as exploit of weird mechanics.

I have cool idea in my mind but need at least two weeks to test it. Wonder if it won't be nerfed because it utilise some cool monk's abilities like swift flurry and dance of death.

The idea is to pick helwalker/assassin, high dex, high perception, use Eye of Wael with Destructive Channeling for higher dmg, pen and wounds. It has 25% chance for invisibility for 8 sec after crits and put random illusion spell on target. Ofcourse dual wielding with melee weapon for better recovery and attacks only from the scepter.

It probably won't be as powerful as all those blunderbusses and ice bow ranged monk's build because Eye of Wael shoot single projectile. Maybe it will stack enough acc to fire crit after crit. It should allow to abuse invisibility for assassin's stealth attacks with creazy acc, pen, dmg (even as full attack it affects only first weapon so dual wielding Eye of Wael with melee is the best option) and thanks yo invisibility between shots it should provide enough survival to all those incrased dmg against helwalker/assassin from their vulnerability. Some sustain health replenish from items/party would be helpful.

I will test my idea and show some results in 2 weeks I guess.

giphy.gif

I've been working on a new one for Monk/Cipher.  It's almost done now, and probably my last attempt at a character guide for awhile.  I am looking forward to replaying it when the difficulty adjustments in the June Patch are released.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100718-class-build-the-transcendent/?do=findComment&comment=2034638

Edited by Climhazzard

I know this is a very subjective question but which solo build have you guys had the most fun with? Back in PoE1 I spent a lot of time soloing with Paladin because it was by far the most effective one but boy that was boring. I could summarize early game as autoattacking for days and later on the game you could add FoD to the mix and that is it, which even though it worked was booooring.

Now with multiclassing I guess there is more room to have the best of most classes, which in turn can become more fun.

I have very little time atm to go "hunting" for builds that get posted in the forum. Please: if you want your build in, could you send me a PM or post here so that I don't miss it? Thanks a lot! :)

I will go hunting/searching soon enough - don't feel discouraged if your build didn't get added. At the moment I simply don't have the time to search for all the builds that got posted and then swept away to page 2 or 3.

It would be cool if the build is finished/complete and not just an idea. Those are also cool - but if I take them all in it would be impossible to see which builds are actually tested and got played and which are just ideas that still need some confirmation/proof of concept. Thanks again!

Edited by Boeroer
  • Like 2

Hi,

Please Add my two builds to the list:

1. Holy Slayer: Bleak Huntress build: https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/101274-class-build-bleak-huntress-holy-slayer-ranged-sniper-assassin-build/

Short description: highest damage sniper build for Arquebus and Arbalest usage, AOE dmg option, combining Paladin high defenses, Rogue Stealth and Bleak Walker high single target burst.

2.Votary: Burn Baby Burn https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/100826-class-build-burn-baby-burn-votary-paladinmonk-heretics-burning-flaming-build-not-easy-to-play/

Short description: flame/fire Paladin/Monk build for burning heretics. Super high burn single and AOE damage, unkillable.

Edited by Voltron

Still waiting for a good nuke from stealth, assassin/soul blade build. Anyone?  :grin:

My Bleak Huntress build nukes everything form stealth, one-by-one. Though I only tested  it for range weapons as it was intended as sniper build.

Edited by Voltron

I added the latest requests to the build list. Please report if something's not right or missing. :)

Due to patch 1.1 some builds might need some refurbishment...

Edited by Boeroer

I'll no longer be supporting the Lady of Pain build from 1.1 onward. You may remove it from the build list, if you like.

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Why is that? Turning Wheel & WotEP? ;)

Hm... maybe it's still an inspiration to others?

Anyway:

I will tag builds that no longer seem to be maintained or suffered greatly from patches (and don't get refurbished) with "DEPRECATED". If nobody contacts me I will then remove them eventually after some time. So I will put your build on deprecated for once and wait a bit, ok? :)

Edited by Boeroer

Why is that? Turning Wheel & WotEP? ;)

The change to Turning Wheel was uncalled for, but it's mostly WotEP and DoC breastplate, along with the completely asinine nerf to the speed boost from Swift Strikes and its upgrades. If they changed this and still let Swift Flurry proc itself, I won't even.