My run is on POTD/all levelup(only up)

Helwalker / ranger

The reason I am choosing normal ranger is the sharpshooter subclass is kinda weak imo. We get +15% hit->crit when target > 4m and +1 pen when target <= 4m at the cost of 10 def and 10% recovery time. Hit to crit is kinda worthless for a high-acc build, 10% recovery time is a huge debuff.

Helwalker can provide +12 acc & +10 might with Dance of Death and passives. Ranger can provide very high ranged acc and some mobility to avoid taking dmg which would stop death dance. And swift flurry is amazing with weapons can do multiple hits. And there comes ranger's driving flight. 

post-203039-0-38346500-1526025996_thumb.jpg

In the picture, my ranger dishes our 11 dmg instances with only one mundane attack. He is level 8 right now, no driving flight yet. The weapon is called frostseeker. It normally has 3 projectiles. With Swift Flurry, 11. And it should be much more with driving flight. Also, +12 acc/+10 might improves dmg output.

Updated May 19th,

Well, this run is about to end, time to write a short summary. I also tested other weapons  (Frostseeker is just too OP and makes the game boring) and some abilities.

Core abilities: 

Monk: Swift Flurry,  +10 MIGHT, +10INT&+50% fire dmg, +2pen&+5might (2 wounds), +12 acc

Ranger: Driving Flight, +10acc(mark), +5acc(marksman), +20acc(wounding shot), +100%base dmg(knockdown combo), potential +10acc(stalker link) +10acc(survival of the fittest), and mobility

Currently some good(or broken) combos:

1. Swift Flurry + Driving Flight + any weapon that do multiple hits. The most broken one is Frostseeker. It fires 3 projectiles and does aoe dmg on crit. With a very high ranged acc, Swift Flurry would chain proc and instantly kill most enemies within seconds. 

2. Stunning Surge regens much more mortifications then intended. The tooltip of Stunning Surge says if the attack crits, refund mortifications cost. However, I found that a crit would +2 all monk resources (+2 morts + wounds) instead of the actual cost (2 morts). Using a weapon that can only hit 1 time, that's OK. But multi-hit weapons such as frostseeker, every crit would +2 monk resources. Thus, unlimited monk abilities.  

3. Ranger Leap Shot(I forgot the name). This upgraded ability allows the ranger a 10m blink + 1 free attack. Its casting time and recovery are both close to 0. A ranger can mark on a target and instantly fire 8 times without recovery time (9 bonds total). Combined with monk goodies,  it would be a ton of dmg.

4. Concussive Shot + Frostseeker + driving flight. A lot of interrupts, enemies cannot do anything.

Ranged acc,

L4d1Ymq.jpg

The screenshot shows a 178 acc(without stalker link), that is definitely not the optimal value. My character started as 19 10 14 15 10 10 just to "play safe". I would lower some CON&RES and add more DEX&PER. You can also use Berath's Blessing to make it stronger. And I was trying to upgrade the soulbound arquebus (relatively low enchantment bonus, and inherited -5 acc). At that acc level, the base crit rate is > 50% for almost any enemy in the game( as far as I know) , which means hit->crit is less effective.

Ranged dmg

t2Rfdcv.jpg

A hit with lvl2 soulbound arquebus(basically a normal "exceptional arquebus") 200+dmg, not so bad, and could potentially follow with some lucky swift flurry free hits. 

Edited by robovoid_dev

i posted it here earlier

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97351-powerbuilding-strongest-builds-that-are-still-viable-from-beta/page-5

personally i dont think 10% recovery is that much. i rather have more crit. even with high acc sharpshooter helps. i got at least 2 crits from it in this screen shot and that is having 50+ acc over the enemy's deflection.

https://steamuserimages-a.akamaihd.net/ugc/931561028383403096/253B43C34C7B57BAB0635D1C87F1E70DB30579EF/

"Hit to crit is kinda worthless for a high-acc build"

>>Why? If it's still 1d100 + acc - def,

51-100 hit zone is not affected by good acc,

It should be the 0-50 miss/graze zone diminishing when 101+ crit zone grows?

At least that's what I think the formula is...

Hm, seems fun, but my Shattered Pillar/Zerker crit for over 20 and I just got to Neketaka. You could definitely take that damge further with some buffs on you.

My run is on POTD/all levelup(only up)

Helwalker / ranger

The reason I am choosing normal ranger is the sharpshooter subclass is kinda weak imo. We get +15% hit->crit when target > 4m and +1 pen when target <= 4m at the cost of 10 def and 10% recovery time. Hit to crit is kinda worthless for a high-acc build, 10% recovery time is a huge debuff.

Helwalker can provide +12 acc & +10 might with Dance of Death and passives. Ranger can provide very high ranged acc and some mobility to avoid taking dmg which would stop death dance. And swift flurry is amazing with weapons can do multiple hits. And there comes ranger's driving flight. 

attachicon.gif20180511155609_1.jpg

In the picture, my ranger dishes our 11 dmg instances with only one mundane attack. He is level 8 right now, no driving flight yet. The weapon is called frostseeker. It normally has 3 projectiles. With Swift Flurry, 11. And it should be much more with driving flight. Also, +12 acc/+10 might improves dmg output.

Swift Flurry works with high crit. Yeah this is fairly well known. Fighter with Discipline Strikes can do the same thing while being tankier.

"Hit to crit is kinda worthless for a high-acc build"

>>Why? If it's still 1d100 + acc - def,

51-100 hit zone is not affected by good acc,

It should be the 0-50 miss/graze zone diminishing when 101+ crit zone grows?

At least that's what I think the formula is...

When acc - def = 50, 15% hit->crit translates to  0.5 * 0.15 = 7.5% more crit rate

When acc - def = 80, 15% hit->crit translates to  0.2 * 0.15 = 3% more crit rate

When acc - def = 100, 15% hit->crit is completely worthless

The higher acc is, the less effective hit->crit works

When acc - def = 50, 15% hit->crit translates to  0.5 * 0.15 = 7.5% more crit rate

When acc - def = 80, 15% hit->crit translates to  0.2 * 0.15 = 3% more crit rate

Okay, acc = 0, def = 0. We got 50-100 of 0-100  for hit conversion, so its 0.5*0.15= 0.075

Now acc = 50, def = 0. We got 0-50 of 0-100 for hit conversion, so its 0.5*0.15 = same 0.075 

Whats wrong with your mats?

Okay, acc = 0, def = 0. We got 50-100 of 0-100  for hit conversion, so its 0.5*0.15= 0.075

Now acc = 50, def = 0. We got 0-50 of 0-100 for hit conversion, so its 0.5*0.15 = same 0.075 

He's talking about the case where acc-def difference shots through 50 and into the hit values zone...

The point should be: Are we going to achieve that, and with what team compositions

Cases where you are above the threshold where this is the case. 

He's talking about the case where acc-def difference shots through 50 and into the hit values zone...

The point should be: Are we going to achieve that, and with what team compositions

Okay

If base acc = def:

We have +5 acc from ranger's passive, +10 from mark, +20 from priests buff, +12 monk, + some from item. Its ~50.

How we can buff acc more? I know passive when Ranger hit target with hes pet, but i rly dislike pet in this game. Weapon upgrade get some too. So +60/+75 acc in summary, right? And if base def>acc (like crazy Adra dragon), this "over softcap" acc help us keep avoiding graze.

At least, just dont waste priests buff for ranger lol.

u cant get acc and massive deflection debuffs in this game.

ranger can get 25 (10 from mark and stalker and another 5 from marksman) + 20 from spells (level 4 priest) for auto attacks add +10 for wounding.

i looked thru the debuff list and i dont see anything big. not like the first game where u can almost take the enemy's deflection to zero. thats why ranger is a good class over fighter if u want to abuse this since accuracy isnt easy to come by anymore and hit to crit is always good.

Edited by dudex

VLaehMp.jpg

It is too OP. My ranger killed 4 ogres with just 1 auto attack. The combat log cannot even show the full detail (too many dmg items). At the start of combat, he has 5 wounds, at the end, 7. So only 6 secs, and its over

This is something we beta testers complaining from the beginning of beta, so don’t blame on us ;)

Another OP issue.

Stunning Surge: if crit, then refund resource

However, when crit occurs, Stunning Surge gives +2 mortification & +2 wound(not in the tooltip). With some weapons which can hit multiple times, a monk can actually get more than 2 mortifications through multiple crits, thus self-generating class resource.

Trz6iPl.jpg

FGFTxYR.jpg

These screenshots show that my monk/ranger cast stunning surge with 5 morts(8 total, -2 dance of death, -1 swift flurry) and through 2 crits with frostseeker, ended up with 7 morts.

• Like 1

Another OP issue.

Stunning Surge: if crit, then refund resource

However, when crit occurs, Stunning Surge gives +2 mortification & +2 wound(not in the tooltip). With some weapons which can hit multiple times, a monk can actually get more than 2 mortifications through multiple crits, thus self-generating class resource.

Trz6iPl.jpg

FGFTxYR.jpg

These screenshots show that my monk/ranger cast stunning surge with 5 morts(8 total, -2 dance of death, -1 swift flurry) and through 2 crits with frostseeker, ended up with 7 morts.

LOL, wow so you can get 10 source point if u crit 5 times with it? Well this is something i haven't thought in beta test :)

Stunning Strike is supposed to Refund Mortification cost on a Crit, but it was probably easier to have it just give you 2 Mortification (vs actually refunding the 2 you paid with) and the game seems to let each Crit from the attack give you 2 Mortification.  Shouldn't be getting Wounds from it, unless you're a Shattered Monk and you're getting them through the damage you are causing.

The game seems to have issues where the original and the 'extra' work the same way, the only case I've heard of where they have split it up is Backstab with regard to Multiple Projectiles, where the 1st gets backstab, and the rest from the volley don't.  Its like they designed everything with single target in mind, added in Area effects, and bounces later on, and never 'tidied' up the holes.

• Like 1

I don't want to tear down your build, but Swift Flurry being broken as hell is widely known.  I think you should rename the post to "In case you haven't heard, this is how you gimmick build".  

I didn't follow the forums either until after launch.  I thought Swift Flurry would be neat, decided more hits would make it work more reliably, built the thing around the Blunderbuss.  

I killed that playthrough when I 1 shot a major boss with like 50 crits in one long Swift Flurry proc chain.  

In an amusing turn, though, there were some treant type enemies? somewhere that were apparently immune to physical damage, and that encounter crashed my PC because it kept generating crits + more shots infinitely but they didn't actually take damage, so it generated n+1 projectiles on my screen and my vidya card gave up.  

• Like 1

Yeah I’m not surprised if you shot a target that is immune to pierce and cold, your memory card gonna blow :)

I think I would be OK. Combined with monk, frostseeker deals pierce + ice + fire dmg. I don't think enemies with all 3 immus exist in the game. Even so, I can always pause the game and kill the process before its too late. :yes:

Yeah I’m not surprised if you shot a target that is immune to pierce and cold, your memory card gonna blow :)

I think I would be OK. Combined with monk, frostseeker deals pierce + ice + fire dmg. I don't think enemies with all 3 immus exist in the game. Even so, I can always pause the game and kill the process before its too late. :yes:

While I agree that Frostseeker deals enough damage types you can probably do damage, I'm not sure you can pause in time to stop it.  

For me it was basically instantaneous with the blunderbuss.  It still threw a few frames but the game was not giving me any feedback.  CTRL+ALT+DEL pretty much the only option, lol 

Sounds good TC. 11 dmg per auto attack can be better tho. My Swashbuckler was getting 16-48 depending on a crit around that level. Yes he is a Rogue but even my Druid is about 17-24 in animal forms at lvl 5. But good work a unique build and keep at it!

Edited by Verde