[Quest] A Sorcerer and a Gentleman

ChipMHazard

Question

Despite the fix mentioned in the 2.0 patch notes this issue seems to persist somewhat.

While you can now loot the bodies after the fight they only have generic loot (I assume Malnaj herself would drop something non-generic).   

More importantly there is still no conversation, you're left on the boat with the bodies and have to click the go back to the world map button at the top to leave.  Although I'm somewhat concerned that this may possibly be 'working as intended'

I did a search on the contents of all the conversation files and there doesn't seem to be any dialog anywhere that would go after that fight.  So either the bug is they forgot to include the .stringtable file for that dialog or there was never any written.  It is an extraordinarily anti-climatic end to a companions quest chain (I know it technically ends after you talk to Remaro but plot wise Malnaj is a significant figure in Serafen's past and the antagonist of his questline, her death would seem to warrant....something.

I actually took a break from the game at launch mainly because of this (and a few other quest bugs but this was the big one) and coming back for 2.0 and the new expansion and finding it's basically unchanged is rather frustrating to say the least :/.  Playing at launch I knew there'd be a lot of bugs, it happens with every big crpg, they're complicated games.  However the major ones usually get ironed out in the first couple of patches (excluding hotfixes) and I'd definitely consider a main companions quest major :(

*edit* ergh didn't realise I posted in a thread marked 'answered' not sure if I should repost this as a new thread or just leave it and hope it gets noticed regardless :/

Edited by Chaoticlusts
  • Like 2

I periodically check this thread - only because I have it bookmarked. Can only echo those statements above.

I've stopped playing mostly because of this. Perhaps as minor as this may be considered, I don't want to progress and potentially miss out on what might be an interesting conclusion with Serafen and Malnaj.

I also stopped playing because of this. I didn't even buy the season pass, and I won't buy it unless all of these are resolved. (There are some other things that irritate me, like the item upgrade UI, where you can't tell which one cancels the other out)

*edit* ergh didn't realise I posted in a thread marked 'answered' not sure if I should repost this as a new thread or just leave it and hope it gets noticed regardless :/

If you have time, you should repost the bug report (and maybe include a link to the old thread).

The QA team tend to ignore answered threads.

Also, make sure to attach a save file generated with the most recent game version (for example uploaded to dropbox).

Even if a bug is easy to reproduce, they will ask for a save file.