[Quest] A Sorcerer and a Gentleman

ChipMHazard

Question

I have found Remaro and decided to let him go. As I leave the port, Malnaj appears with her ship and a conversation starts and leads to a fight on the decks. But after I kill everyone nothing happens. I can't loot the bodies and I don't get the usual Colors and Triumph and the option to share coin with my crew.

Is this supposed to happen or is this a bug?

Salutations scallywags, 

This particular bug is in our system and is under investigation. Will probably be fixed up right as rain for the future. 

Thank you all for your support, and happy looting.

- Chelsea

• Like 2

Do fixes for bugs like this work retroactively? I saved right before the encounter, but I'm now concerned that I need to just not play this game until the bugs get fixed. Pretty frustrating to see a major companion quest have such a gigantic bug still in it.

• Like 1

Still not fixed (happened to me just now)...

I'm literally locked on the island since i cannot go on sea, because Malnaj is waiting for me outside of the dock.

It's been reported 10 days ago.

And since you get boarder once you leave the island where Remaro was, effectively locking you out of the game untill you get to this event, i would have though this ywould get priority....

I don't want to be rude, but how long till you fix this? Days, weeks, months?

And no, i don't want to continue, it feels weird and wrong to end it like this, without uttering a single word, requisitioning / pillagin / sinking her ship or w/e...

Just making red paste of everyone and leave... weird.

EDIT: Can you at least tell us what should happen? Because if it's only some random loot i would gladly sacrifice that and continue playing since i'm waiting for a fix without the option to do anything else in the game (unless i want to loose 3 days worth of progress due to lack of saves).

Edited by ExecutorQ3
  • Like 3

This issue is not fixed since the latest update.

You leave Sayuka and get intercepted. After the conversation with Malnaj, you kill her and her gang, then nothing. No triggering of dialogue. You CAN loot their corpses, followed by having to click the button to go back to the world map and go on your merry way as if nothing happened.

I have a save just before this happens if useful to a dev.

The release notes for patch 1.1.0.0035 contain this: "Malnaj is no longer attacked by her own crew during the quest "A Sorcerer and a Gentleman"."

Has the end of the quest also been fixed?

Edited by stadi

The release notes for patch 1.1.0.0035 contain this: "Malnaj is no longer attacked by her own crew during the quest "A Sorcerer and a Gentleman"."

Has the end of the quest also been fixed?

Her crew doesn't attack her, not that I saw. The quest didn't update in the journal, however. 

By the end of the quest I meant if you get loot and can talk about it with Serafen. As long as this quest is not fixed, I'm not going to play the game. I'm really sad that I made the same mistake as with Pillars 1. You are not supposed to play these games in the first 6 months.

By the end of the quest I meant if you get loot and can talk about it with Serafen. As long as this quest is not fixed, I'm not going to play the game. I'm really sad that I made the same mistake as with Pillars 1. You are not supposed to play these games in the first 6 months.

Ah. Not sure then, I did the same and put down the game since this bug and haven't loaded it up since. I miss playing it, but fortunately I have other games to play.

When this is fixed I'll likely resume.

• Like 1