Running the game with minimum requirements

Yeah, not the best decision I've made. Game itself is great, but these loading screens take up to five (and occasionally even ten) mins at a time, and there's a lot of them. It's odd, because I was one of the few people who never seemed to have any issues with PoE1 loading times.

Might be time to invest in a new PC anyway. I'd recommend anyone else who wants the game but has an old-ish computer to do the same before buying.

Yeah, not the best decision I've made. Game itself is great, but these loading screens take up to five (and occasionally even ten) mins at a time, and there's a lot of them. It's odd, because I was one of the few people who never seemed to have any issues with PoE1 loading times.

Might be time to invest in a new PC anyway. I'd recommend anyone else who wants the game but has an old-ish computer to do the same before buying.

maybe just buy an SSD, and install the game on it. It would definitely speed up the loading times

Edited by virgi26

I'm kind of glad that I'm not the only one experiencing issues, as bitter as that might sound. I was traipsing through the forum earlier last night trying to figure out if others were having similar problems, but most of the complaints were from people waiting 20 secs for a loading screen (and idk, maybe that IS bad for a lot of hardcore PC gamers, but I'd happily take it over ten minutes).

As for getting an SSD, I'm not sure that it's worth it for my current machine, and I've seen a lot of conflicting reports as to whether it helps with loading times anyway.

Probably going to send the min and recommended requirements to my bro-in-law and ask him to help me find a decent in-between that isn't too expensive, as I don't do a lot of PC gaming but would like to run Deadfire properly, and he's a lot more tech savvy than I am (in terms of both specs and the market). Or maybe I'll wait a bit to see if any patches are released to help.

• Like 1

I'm playing the game well, well *below* minimum specs. But not by choice--since Deadfire crashes constantly and incessantly on my gaming PC, my only option is an ancient laptop that was never intended to play games.

I get like 15fps exploring, lost of load times, lots of delays pulling up new dialogs and scripted interactions. But, even on the lowest settings, the game still looks good. (I could try seeing if lowering the resolution might help framerate, but TBH it doesn't seem like going down to 720p from 768p--laptop native--will do much.) The main problem is combat, as the game grinds to a halt if there's more than one or two enemies on screen. We're talking 2-5fps. I've gotta crank the difficulty down to the lowest possible, slow down combat as much as possible, just to follow the action. Actually *fighting* myself is not an option.

It's really not a viable way to play a 70-hour game IMHO. Will probably cut myself off from playing much further than the first island to keep from ruining myself on the experience.

new computer might not help - i have a high end pc with gtx 1080 and my game crashes about every 5 minutes regardless of what i do so....

Have you tried playing it on super low settings? everything unchecked, even vsync, and framerate limited to 30 fps? Worked for me. Then try to activade some of the options one by one.

My problem was gpu overheating. I am also using msi afterburner to increase the gpu fan speed.

I am not an expert but something seems wrong with the unity engine.

Edited by Rulin

Funny story: bought a new laptop with decent specs, re-downloaded, transferred my save data, game was running perfectly ... and then I was booted out for a Windows update.

Now, either this update was bugged to hell or I was somehow stupid and unfortunate enough to mistype the exact same thing twice during set-up. Guess who's now locked out of her local account, and whose only option is a factory reset and yet another painfully long download?

There's some divine entity out there that really, REALLY does not want me to play this game.