Eder's quest didn't trigger

kain1234

Question

I know you get his quest right after you recruit Xoti but for some reason it didn't trigger for me , the thing is I'm at the dig site is there any way to trigger his quest from this point onward or do I have to reload a previous save

14 answers to this question

Walking past the dawn star preacher just north of the inn. If it doesn't fire. Try going to the temple of eothas in the temple district(I forget it's name)

Bummer, tried both of those things and didnt get it to trigger :(

Have you tried walking through the Dawnstar camp in Port Maje? That's what causes Edér to want to talk in my game, whereas approaching the camp to recruit Xoti and then walking in some other direction does nothing.

Yeah i did that initially and just sailed back and tried it again, ran all around that place and it didnt work :(.

Ok so far the places people have told me from various different posts that this quest could be started.

-The camp in Dawnstar camp in Port Maje( ran all around there, no trigger)

-Dawnstar preacher north of inn at Queens Berth (ran all around him, talked to him no trigger)

-Temple of Bethas in Neketakka (Ran around and talked to everyone, no quest trigger)

-Temple of Guan  in Neketakka (Ran around and talked to everyone, no quest trigger)

It seems odd to me that people have reported this quest starting in so many different places. Any obsidian people able to shed some light on where this quest is supposed to trigger?

Have you tried being near one of those locations and then chatting with Eder?

It didn't shoot off for me either, nor did a talk icon pop up. But I just did the normal chat function with him near the preacher in Queen's Berth and it activated.

• Like 1

It didn't shoot off for me either, nor did a talk icon pop up. But I just did the normal chat function with him near the preacher in Queen's Berth and it activated.

Havent tried that yet, ill give that a go.

This guy is a hero!!!

You can speak to Eder when you are next to the Dawnstars Preacher "Ivorr the Bright" in Queens Berth. He wont have a little conversation marker appear on his portrait, but if you just talk to him normally, the conversation and then the quest triggers.

Don't have a quest from Eder either, and I'm almost level 10 and have played quite a few hours. Will try to talk to him in the mentioned location and hope it fires off. Xoti's did right away, but nothing from Eder up until now.

Don't have a quest from Eder either, and I'm almost level 10 and have played quite a few hours. Will try to talk to him in the mentioned location and hope it fires off. Xoti's did right away, but nothing from Eder up until now.

Yep i was in the exact same situation. Let me know if it works, would be good to get a bit more confirmation.