Problems at with screen at boot up

shinankoku

Question

At the suggestion of Vox Machina I purchased this rpg to play. The problem is, at start-up, the upper-left quarter of the screen takes up the entire screen. Its functioning otherwise .. the music plays, and if I look at my running programs, I can see what's suppose to be displayed. Please help.

4 answers to this question

Does your issue match the problem described here - https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/97392-windowsnvdia-game-resolution-does-not-match-native-resolution/?hl=%2Bscreen+%2Bresolution&do=findComment&comment=2008521 ?  If so does the temporary fix suggested there work for you?

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Hello, and thanks for getting back to me and my (poorly worded, ham-handed) question. I’m not in front of my box at the moment, but my resolution at something like 12XX (1260?) by 7XX (760?). I am running win10 on a year-and-a-half year old Alienware machine with an Nvidia card. Sorry, I’ll get you all the specific info after my work in a couple hours.

To discribe my problem a little better: it’s like if the game is trying to display 1000X500 worth of data on a screen that’s only at 500X250 resolution. I only see the upper-left portion of the screen and cannot click on the dialogue box that’s being displayed in the middle of the screen. Which I know is there, because when I have the os display the running programs (sorry, I which I knew the exact word for this), it displays the entire screen.

Like I said, I’ll get all the pertinent data in a few hours.

Ok, very good ... yes, that sounds like the issue. Again, thanks for the quick response. And I promise I searched through the forums first, but I missed this. I will try that as soon as I am at home and will let you know the outcome!