Xoti freaks out at Pallegina immediately

KaiG

Question

Hi, I believe this is a bug.

I recently recruited Pallegina with Xoti in the party, and after doing so I worked through her conversation options. During the conversation she made an antireligious comment which Xoti didn't like. After the conversation was over, Xoti issued an ultimatum about Pallegina's behaviour, during which she made comments that heavily implied that she and Pallegina had been travelling together for a while, and said it was 'either her or me'.

It seems bizarre that this kind of thing could happen in the very first conversation I have with Pallegina, so I think something's screwy here. This seems like the kind of argument that should happen after a lot of antireligious comments and some time travelling with both characters in the party.

• Like 7

13 answers to this question

I can confirm, the exact same thing happened to me, spoilers following:

Xoti Quest State:

Encouraged Xoti towards Darkness

Been to Gaun's Temple for "cleansing", then to the Luminous Adra Pillar in that area

Pushed Xoti towards Darkness, forced her to keep connected to the Adra Pillar for the maximum amount of time and suffering on her part, until an Adra shard broke free

Upgraded the Lantern, Xoti Dialogue about nightmares now states she has them all the time, even waking, and that she now welcomes them and can't wait to reap as many souls as possible.

With this state, I then went inside the VTC HQ for the very first time and there I recruited Pallegina also for the very first time, and talked to her subsequently.

She made the mentioned antireligious comment, which the dialogue box showed Xoti did not appreciate.

Immediately after finishing that dialogue with Pallegina, Xoti initiated her Rant-dialogue including the ultimatum, which indeed clearly insiunates that Xoti and Pallegina must have been travelling together for quite some time, as it alludes to Xoti having spoken to her about this issue before already, which is de-facto impossible, having just met her that second, and it also says stuff like "I cannot take it anymore/This is the last straw", etc.

Hey KaiG,

Any change you can provide me with your savegame file and, or a video of this issue?

Cheers.

Sure, here's a save. I'm apparently not allowed to upload it directly, so here's a link: https://ufile.io/8b0y3

As you can see, I am still in the Queen's palace where you first recruit Pallegina. The bug is reproducible, just talk to Pallegina about her thoughts on Eothas and after the conversation finishes, Xoti will challenge her.

Rant dialogue is triggered immediately after you ask Pallegina's opinion on Eothas. It gives Anti-Religion, negative reputation point between Pallegina - Xoti, which triggers the rant immediately.
Rant is not triggered by anything else it seems, since when I recruited her and acknowledgedly avoided that exact dialogue option, rant didn't occur throughout journeys. 

• Like 1

This also happened to me. I talked to Pallegina on my boat for literally the first time since getting her, she said some negative things about the Gods, and Xoti came in to raise hel. I know it's a sore subject but I don't think Xoti would quite jump down someone's throat for exactly one exchange, esp. with how much she's been suffering through dealing with Tekēhu.  :lol:

Sadly don't have a state directly before this, but.

I can confirm, the exact same thing happened to me, spoilers following:

Xoti Quest State:

Encouraged Xoti towards Darkness

Been to Gaun's Temple for "cleansing", then to the Luminous Adra Pillar in that area

Pushed Xoti towards Darkness, forced her to keep connected to the Adra Pillar for the maximum amount of time and suffering on her part, until an Adra shard broke free

Upgraded the Lantern, Xoti Dialogue about nightmares now states she has them all the time, even waking, and that she now welcomes them and can't wait to reap as many souls as possible.

With this state, I then went inside the VTC HQ for the very first time and there I recruited Pallegina also for the very first time, and talked to her subsequently.

She made the mentioned antireligious comment, which the dialogue box showed Xoti did not appreciate.

Immediately after finishing that dialogue with Pallegina, Xoti initiated her Rant-dialogue including the ultimatum, which indeed clearly insiunates that Xoti and Pallegina must have been travelling together for quite some time, as it alludes to Xoti having spoken to her about this issue before already, which is de-facto impossible, having just met her that second, and it also says stuff like "I cannot take it anymore/This is the last straw", etc.

I saw this same behavior and had basically this exact progress, so it could be linked. I did think it was odd that Xoti blew up so quickly. On the other hand, given the state of our world right now it didn't really seem THAT out of place :p Still, probably happened a bit sooner than intended.