Reputation with Aloth and romance.

Am I doing something wrong or does my reputation with Aloth not change in the slightest even if I'm doing all the things he "supports", as written in his reputation window?

Cause I finished his personal quest and still didn't get any romance dialog or whatever, and his disposition is still at the bottom towards my watcher, and that's when other new companions jump at you 5 minutes after joining.

I'm not sure so far I got him to lvl 2 and somehow he fell down to 0(no ide how) - got him back on 1 and only had 2 conversations about my charater expressing an intress in him, but I am stuck on his ques so might still happen?

A friend swears she has gotten a romance "ending" though so still trying XD

Looks like another one of those relationship system bugs. I'm experiencing the same thing - completed his quest and larger chunk of the game but still stuck at rep 1 with him and no extra romance dialogues or anything.

Looks like another one of those relationship system bugs. I'm experiencing the same thing - completed his quest and larger chunk of the game but still stuck at rep 1 with him and no extra romance dialogues or anything.

ok yes, it really might be a bug.

I just finished his quest (yet it's so open ended that it doesn't feel like and ending at all :( )

But now I only get default dialog and still stuck on 1 >-< *sign*

Ah, well can try again if it gets fixed

I was having trouble with him too so I looked up a console command. If you don't mind using it:

CompanionAddRelationship Companion_Aloth(Clone) Player_Watcher positive major 1

I think you have to type "IRoll20s" first to make cheats work. Put your character's name where "Watcher" is. You have to enter the code quite a few times to make the blue circle fill.

Edited by Tamyn

I was having trouble with him too so I looked up a console command. If you don't mind using it:

CompanionAddRelationship Companion_Aloth(Clone) Player_Watcher positive major 1

I think you have to type "IRoll20s" first to make cheats work. Put your character's name where "Watcher" is. You have to enter the code quite a few times to make the blue circle fill.

Didn't work. Still sitting at 1 doing nothing.

I repeated it a lot of times and went from 0-2. Did you get red error text in your dialogue window when you tried it? Mind, I can't get his quest to progress so far, I just got a conversation where he complimented my Watcher's way of handling things.

• Like 1

There's a thread on the Technical Support forum about Aloth's approval not moving past 0 although I'm not sure its been confirmed by the developers to be a bug -

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/98035-aloth-approval-possible-bug/

I cannot - yet I must. How do you calculate that? At what point on the graph do "must" and "cannot" meet? Yet I must - but I cannot! ~ Ro-Man

Ok so it might not just an Aloth but a companion thing is general, also has anyone els run in to bad conversation bugs?

I keep getting "I need to talk to you and text promts" yet no mather how I try to press the little text icon on the potrait it starts deault conversation.

I am at the end of the game (yes I rushed and made it harder), but the bugs and missing conversations just make me want to finish it now and start the game later after it has been patched

;(  ;(

It is a shame, but hopeing for a quick fix as the game is very good.

Ok so it might not just an Aloth but a companion thing is general, also has anyone els run in to bad conversation bugs?

I keep getting "I need to talk to you and text promts" yet no mather how I try to press the little text icon on the potrait it starts deault conversation.

I am at the end of the game (yes I rushed and made it harder), but the bugs and missing conversations just make me want to finish it now and start the game later after it has been patched

;(  ;(

It is a shame, but hopeing for a quick fix as the game is very good.

Yes, I've seen dialogue prompt icons with no new dialogues a lot too. You may want to report it as a bug in tech support section. The whole relationship system and dialogues are a mess right now, I don't think they'll patch it all in the next fix.