Explosive barrels - holy crap!

Bumbling around trying to find my feet in the game, and as part of that I have picked up what loot can be found, including after destroying barrels. Was doing the same in a location, and it was going fine. Must have busted an oil-lamp barrel and a few others, before destroying a gunpowder barrel. Any holy cow did that thing BLOW! Two people in my crew got fried almost instantly (including me) and others took very serious injuries.

Need to try to repeat that sequence in an actual fight, because that would probably take out several enemies. Very impressive stuff.

I write this more as a "have you seen or tried this yet?" than anything else. So try it out!: D

Need to try to repeat that sequence in an actual fight, because that would probably take out several enemies. Very impressive stuff.

i did, and it spectacular.  i found lizard dudes' camp, there was 5 or 6 of them and they stood next to 3 gunpowder barrels. my party was in stealth mode, i pick Wizard and slowely approached on distance of throwing Fireball. Fight was started and ended instantly. 

Too bad, you can't carry barrels with you, like in Original sin. :D

• Like 2

0:33

When playing tonight I recognises the space and used Bobby’s trick. Just as much death and framerate drop as advertised.

Yeah, I almost blew myself up when destroying barrels for food. lesson learned: Serafim’s carnage damages and sets on fire gunpowder barrels when shooting regular ones.

• Like 1

They are useful. Just be careful if anyone on your team is using the Hand Mortar (*cough*Serafen*cough*) though. I was in the middle of a pretty good fight till one of the two enemies remaining decided to teleport towards my backline right before dying. There was a barrel next to us and well... Serafen shoots, barrel lights up, enemy and half my team blows up. It was a learning experience. Now he has a backup pistol just in case.

They are useful. Just be careful if anyone on your team is using the Hand Mortar (*cough*Serafen*cough*) though. I was in the middle of a pretty good fight till one of the two enemies remaining decided to teleport towards my backline right before dying. There was a barrel next to us and well... Serafen shoots, barrel lights up, enemy and half my team blows up. It was a learning experience. Now he has a backup pistol just in case.

Won’t pistol work as well? Barrels explode when hit by firearms as well. Won’t carnage set them on fire as well?

Won’t pistol work as well? Barrels explode when hit by firearms as well. Won’t carnage set them on fire as well?

Pistols don't do AoE damage like Hand Mortar does. You can't accidentally shoot the barrel with them. :D

Edit: Oh and my Serafen is pure cipher. He doesn't have carnage.

Edited by Teacher