Spoiler-free Yes or No answer please: are there higher tier ship classes than Galleon and Junk eventually?

Hey there,

as the title says, I'd like to get as spoiler-free as possible an answer, so as not to spoil the stats etc, so if anyone that knows this for certain could just give me simple yes/no answer, that'd be grand:

1. Will there eventually be higher tier ships for the Watcher to buy than the Galleon and Junk that are available at Neketaka early on in the game?

2. If there are more powerful/different types of ships yet to be unlocked, is this tied to the progress in the main story, or side quests, or both?

Thanks guys.

Thanks for your reply... that would actually be a major letdown to me, both having all the highest tier ships revealed pretty much immediately, as well as having just such a small choice of ships; I feel that it then ultimately boils down to either taking the more tanky Galleon or the more glass cannon-Junk.

But maybe there'll be a surprise yet, after all you yourself weren't completely sure either apparently.

1. No there are not, but... 

2. there is one other ship unlocked through a quest.

• Like 2

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt 

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for -- well, at least one more surprise and option coming up then. =)

Main story quest, or side quest though, i.e. potentially missable?

Without spoiling too much, is it a main quest? Would it make sense to avoid buying a new ship and go for this instead?

It is a main quest, it would not make sense to avoid buying a new ship in favor of this one. 

Thank you, exactly what I was looking for -- well, at least one more surprise and option coming up then. =)

Main story quest, or side quest though, i.e. potentially missable?

It is potentially missable. 

• Like 2

"Of all the kids in The Breakfast Club, Ally Sheedy would be the first one to sense Cthulhu's coming." -Patton Oswalt