For a game about chasing a god trying to destroy reincarnation, the ending seems to talk very little about the effects of such a decision. In fact, it almost seemed like you could shoehorned in any plot device and the ending honestly wouldn't change much. The decision about what to do with Eothas's somehow ended up being more prominent than the fact that given time, the world will end. 

Also, for all that hype about the Ukaizo, that had to be the shortest dungeon crawl ever...literally just three areas you can traverse in under a minute. Other than the first boss fight, everything else was just a breeze walk. Even thinking about the choices took more time than killing whoever I didn't ally with on the island. 

• Like 1

Even thinking about the choices took more time than killing whoever I didn't ally with on the island. 

And, worse, it doesn't matter what you pick, really, although you CAN at least have Eothas comically explode you with a thought if you insist on trying to fight him even though this is patently ridiculous.

Really, the whole plot boils down to:

Eothas:  "Imma smash yo house and borrow your soul, kay?"

Watcher: "Say what, now?"

Eothas: "I wasn't asking, but don't worry, I'll give your soul back (the house be smashed tho) but first you gotta do a bunch of chores for Berath, listen to the gods argue a bunch, and take sides in a stupid political struggle where all the sides are bad. Oh, and Magran is going to blow up a volcano under you for giggles."

Watcher: "THAT SUCKS COME BACK YOU ****!!!"

Eothas: "Okay fine you can just whip up a huge pile of money and come after me that way!  Sheesh.  Kiss kiss, have fun!"

Watcher: "Can't I just grab a couple bags of food and water, tie myself on your shoulder, ride with you until you get to the end, turn off the giant storm machine, and have Eder et al come pick me up in this little boat they rented?"

Eothas: "No, that would be silly." 

Watcher: "DUDE. YOU SUCK."

• Like 1

Grand Rhetorist of the Obsidian Order

If you appeal to "realism" about a video game feature, you are wrong. Go back and try again.