Could someone help me pick a build so I can get started with the game? I'm just sort of making a ton of different ones with the multiclass system, and I've spent 2-3 hours fishing around on it now.

I usually want to try and talk my way out of things because you end up punching a lot of monsters anyway, so a logic/solution option is a lot more fun for me.

I like seeing and doing as much of the game on on play as possible, and being a fairly normal good/neutral approach (so bleak walkers are out).  This is just a normal difficulty run.

I usually gravitate to tank-type characters (paladins, fighters, etc.) who also do decent damage.

I was thinking of doing a Kind wayfarer melee type build but not sure what to multi it with, or what stats to put on there (might vs. int vs. resolve vs. con...?). I do like low micro though.  I'll end up running with all the story companions, like I did in Pillars 1 - I like the dialogue and I don't need the power bump for hard/etc. mode.

I was also "vaporlocked" at first, even though I'm a veteran of POE1 as well as the old Infinity Engine games from way back.  I ended up picking a Black Jacket fighter, no multiclass.

Honestly, I'm not really feeling the love for the character at the moment, though that's probably much more my problem than the game's.

Also, for what it's worth, the game does suggest that new players avoid multiclassing.

If you want a tank who does decent damage, try a Fighter/Paladin.  Lots of damage, lots of tanking, and doesn't require much micromanagement.  Although note Pallegina can be speced this way as well.

As far as attributes: there aren't really dump stats anymore, but you can certainly take a few points off (say) Intelligence without hurting yourself.  I'd max Might and spread the rest around.

If you want a tank who does decent damage, try a Fighter/Paladin.  Lots of damage, lots of tanking, and doesn't require much micromanagement.  Although note Pallegina can be speced this way as well.

As far as attributes: there aren't really dump stats anymore, but you can certainly take a few points off (say) Intelligence without hurting yourself.  I'd max Might and spread the rest around.

I wasn't sure how important intel would be for a support paladin with the healing flames effect, and the various paladin auras.

I assume vaporlocking has something to do with these newfangled electronic cigarettes all the young kids are smoking these days :lol:

It's the process of covering your obnoxious selfie with clouds of even more obnoxious e-cig vapor!

Edited by Skazz
  • Like 2