The cornett's call quest bug

tessone

Question

I decided to go down into the old city in Neketaka Quite early and ended up exploring it quite thoroughly, at least up to getting the conch down there, and I ended up opening the hidden temple door and entering Delvers row that way. In short when I tried to start the Cornetts call quest from Dereo I got the option to show him the cornet I already had, he sent me back down to the temple to find some mosaic in a hidden temple, eventually I figured I needed both ,however, even with both cornets absolutely nothing happens when I walk around the old city ruins. I find a mural with 2 conches on it, I have exhausted every dialogue option with the woman Dereo sent and have walked along every possible inch of the ruins. I'm guessing that by opening the door from the wrong side before I got the quest it has bugged the quest. So I have had to backtrack about 4 hours..... Just thought I would put this up here in case other people have the same problem.

13 answers to this question

I decided to go down into the old city in Neketaka Quite early and ended up exploring it quite thoroughly, at least up to getting the conch down there, and I ended up opening the hidden temple door and entering Delvers row that way. In short when I tried to start the Cornetts call quest from Dereo I got the option to show him the cornet I already had, he sent me back down to the temple to find some mosaic in a hidden temple, eventually I figured I needed both ,however, even with both cornets absolutely nothing happens when I walk around the old city ruins. I find a mural with 2 conches on it, I have exhausted every dialogue option with the woman Dereo sent and have walked along every possible inch of the ruins. I'm guessing that by opening the door from the wrong side before I got the quest it has bugged the quest. So I have had to backtrack about 4 hours..... Just thought I would put this up here in case other people have the same problem.

SPOILER BELOW

Did u find the huge worm boss monster in the secret room that has a statue on front? It takes cornet to open. And in that boss monster room there is a wall door thingy that takes 2 coronets to open. Im stuck so that i have bouth coronets and i can only tell deréo i was attacked altho that is not the case.

I am also having this bug. I know where the hidden room is, the temple you are meant to find. I've found it, stood around it, but there doesn't seem to be a way to open it. I also have exhausted the dialog options with the scout sent to help you. I am completely stuck, and unsure how to proceed. I have both conches, and had the second conch before even getting the quest from Dereo.

Hello.

I have a similar problem actually. I got the first shell, killed the huge bug, but my quest seems locked.

I discovered the entrance of the pirates with my perception skills, and I explored. I killed some of the pirates. But when I killed the captain (the boss of the area), my quest "goods and services" relative to Aeldrys has been canceled. So I loaded back not to kill her so I can keep my quest and go meet Aledrys.

+ I got the medecines to heal the sick people. I gave it to the priestess, she healed them but the quest still asks me to give it to her

+ the cornett's call quest still ask me to discover the place to meet Dereo... But I already went to the hidden place, multiple times. And there is no Dereo to meet.

So many bugged quests... I don't know what to do and don't want to sacrifice all my played time.

Can anyone help me ?

Thanks.

I have an even bigger bug. I found the hidden conch first, and later on Dereo told me to pickup his conch from that aumaua guy so I did. Instead of going back to Dereo, I went to the temple first to open it. Because of this, I cannot continue the quest because Gwenfin tells me to go find the hidden room. I suppose the trigger for the quest is to open the door which I already opened.

Of course, my last big save is before I cleared like 5 quests. Bummer.

Kyfla and Idward > I think you're doing the same mistake as me ; I actaully thought thant the quest trigger was the hidden room entrance, but it actually isn't. To validate the quest, you need to observe the wall in the bottom of the room (check the screenshots to see what I mean). I lost several hours to redo the quest 'cause I didn't see this... But it allowed me to optimize my game a bit, so I don't regret it^^

6951gnt.png

hP2aF8b.png

• Like 3

Kyfla and Idward > I think you're doing the same mistake as me ; I actaully thought thant the quest trigger was the hidden room entrance, but it actually isn't. To validate the quest, you need to observe the wall in the bottom of the room (check the screenshots to see what I mean). I lost several hours to redo the quest 'cause I didn't see this... But it allowed me to optimize my game a bit, so I don't regret it^^

6951gnt.png

hP2aF8b.png

Yes! I had the same problem and that solved it, I would have never had thought to inspect the mosaic. Thanks.