Game will only open in a small window (Win 10)

Kynas219

Question

Upon opening the game, it will only open in a VERY small window. I tried alt+enter and all it does is use the exact same window just now blown up to my screen size. I've attached a photo to demonstrate the issue. Nothing I have found seems to be able to make it open either fullscreen or windowed larger. I tried it before and after updating my Nvidia card. 

Here's a link to an image of my desktop. https://imgur.com/a/etYlxei

DxDiag.txt

Edited by Kynas219

4 answers to this question

I managed to fix it by changing the resolution in game. I basically had to guess at one and then it worked. I think it was set to a super small resolution and I couldn't figure out to fix it before the game started. 

I've got exactly the same problem. I've been playing this game for hundreds of hours and it's suddenly started doing this. I haven't made any changes to my computer since I played Deadfire yesterday, so there is no reason why it should be doing this. The game window is so small that I can't see anything enough to be able to change the resolution in game. If I press alt+enter the resolution is so bad that I can't see anything. I tried setting it to 'fullscreen' a few times but it didn't seem to do anything.

Ugh. I feel like screaming.

Edited by Chandagnac

All game settings stored in registry.

Use Win+R combination, type "regedit" (withous quotes), then go to HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Obsidian Entertainment\Pillars of Eternity II

You need to delete "Pillars of Eternity II" folder, then start the game and all settings will reinitialize.

• Like 1