Ship boarding doesn't make sense...

Ship boarding is fun, but after the battle on the enemy deck is over, the outcome makes 0 sense. So I board the 6 cannon ship, I kill the enemy ship crew... and I don't get to salvage their ship? This is a HUGE part of the minigame that is left out. I mean the ship upgrades cost thousands and tens of thousands, but after I board the enemy ship and kill the crew, all I get is couple of their cannons, some provisions and go back to my crappy small ship? They could at least give me more booty, if I boarded the ship and won. Speaking logically, one thing on the sea, if you destroy the body of the ship with your cannons, then you salvage what's left drifting, and completely another thing, if you board the ship and kill the enemy crew - you supposed to be able to salvage quite a few more items, if not the whole ship itself.

Nobody leaves the whole ship floating in the sea, then grabs provisions and goes back into their little crappy boat and sales away... IMHO, a big let down in this naval combat. If I board the ship and win the battle, I should be able to get the ship's treasury, a lot more booty, loot from the crew etc etc etc. At this point - either you destroy the ship, or board and win, you still get identical Outcome and identical salvage of items. Bad thinking, Obsidian! Thanks for the naval adventures, but you should have gotten this part right...

To be fair destroying the ship costs cannonballs, but yeah I am in agreement with your statement. Right now it is a bit disappointing that you cannot capture ships along with the fact that I always get shown random crew members for the enemies such as 4/16 and when I board them it turns out there are like 12 of them.

• Like 1

To be fair destroying the ship costs cannonballs, but yeah I am in agreement with your statement. Right now it is a bit disappointing that you cannot capture ships along with the fact that I always get shown random crew members for the enemies such as 4/16 and when I board them it turns out there are like 12 of them.

Yeah, this makes kinda no sense. I tried to use the crew-damaging shot a lot, and got them down to 1 crew. Then I board and there's 12 of them that kicks my rear.

• Like 2

Yup, one of my points. I kill their crew with cannon balls, to make the boarding easier,  but somehow they all get resurrected, during the boarding fight. I guess that is the only way they could "balance" this? Can anyone confirm if this is still the case, when you play on lower than Classic difficulty? I read on Backer forums that this naval combat left hoping for a lot of improvements and was sorta rushed out of the door.

Edited by Shepard
  • Like 2