I tried the sea cave in the beginning with my paladin / beckoner. When the fight starts, i allready have 2 phrases chanted and can summon my skeletons in 6 seconds. Do i not need to wait 12 seconds to get the 2 phrases out first? That was in the first game, the invocation was gray the whole time, until i got the needed phrases out, but now i can summon immediately.

I tried the sea cave in the beginning with my paladin / beckoner. When the fight starts, i allready have 2 phrases chanted and can summon my skeletons in 6 seconds. Do i not need to wait 12 seconds to get the 2 phrases out first? That was in the first game, the invocation was gray the whole time, until i got the needed phrases out, but now i can summon immediately.

Chanters start combat with some phrases which they didn't in PoE1.  As you level the number of Phrases you start combat with increases.  This allows you to cast low level Invocations at the onset of combat, and then start Chanting to build them back up.  Skald will start combat with 2, iirc, but their Offensive invocations are at a cost of 2.  So, they can start doing work immediately.  Troubadours take a couple levels before they can cast at the beginning of combat. 

Beckoners should only require 2 Phrases in order to cast the first level summons.  Both Skeletons and Spirit summons should require 2 phrases.  Once, you summon one they should start gaining phrases again. 

I hope this helps.  If not let me know. 

• Like 1