If This Is Indeed Kotor 2

"KOTOR's was fine because you could ignore Bastila if you wanted. "

Why in gods name would you want to do that? For a bunch of pixels, Bastila isn't that bad looking and the voice of Jennifer Hale gives me the jibbiles.

Because romances in games (like KotOR's) are essentially nothing but a teenager/unhappily married woman's "oh hold me!" type drivel. I'm very against violence, let alone against the other sex, but I recall a strong desire to slap the crap out of Bastilla. Screw domestic violence, it would have been murder.

Because romances in games (like KotOR's) are essentially nothing but a teenager/unhappily married woman's "oh hold me!" type drivel.
I agree. As I said before, if nothing better can be done for the sequel, leave it out.

I'm very against violence, let alone against the other sex, but I recall a strong desire to slap the crap out of Bastilla. Screw domestic violence, it would have been murder.

ah, the old spork to the eye

You do realize this is Star Wars right? I don't think Lucas Arts would be very into some hanky panky type of romance you can explore with their intellectual property. Plus did you see the rating on KOTOR? They wanted it to be a teen rating not adult. I think it is rather stupid myself as I would very much like to see blood splattering against the wall and limbs flying through the air when I rip someone with a lightsaber.

Evil will always triumph because good is dumb!

prostytutka

They had some hot limb chopping action in star wars. Don't mess whit obi-wan mutha!

Romances are dumb. I'd rather the time spent on romantic development to be spent developing THE BAD GUY MTUWHAHAHAHAHAH!

/me twirls something

>*

I enjoyed the death animations in Fallout. I'd rather there be the option of gore than no option at all? Seems fair to want realistic deaths than people falling with no visible damage. A light-sabre should be sharp and go through a model, not be a club and pass in front of things.

>*

Let's see... If project X is KotOR II...

Basically better design for PC. Maps in KotOR were way too small, probably because X-box's tiny memory.

Fighting sequence in KotOR was alright, but it got very repetative after few fights. Special attacks like Power Attack only had one attack sequence. I'd like to see way more different attack, defence, shooting and dodge sequences. I guess X-bow memory limitations might be issue again...

Fights were bit too fast in KotOR for my taste. That's alright because some people like very fast paced combat but I'd like to see some improvements in defence/parry rules system. Maybe you could add new combat feat where I could move attack bonus to defence.

More interaction between party members, player character and party members and party members and NPCs.

Nerf lightsabre crystals bacause you could build insane doomsday weapons in KotOR. Especially two lightsabre style and sabrestaff style were totally unbalanced because of this.

I kinda like Pazaak but I hate the fact that I always have to be first to play. Computer has always unfair "bank" advantage. Between two individual players there should always be turns who will be first to play. Also it would be nice to be able to use force persuade to cheat in that game (or NPC cheat on player... with force or some other way).

Ebonhawk gun turrert fight were just plain awful. Since I'm damn sure that you won't create better engine for it, I suggest that you don't do any in KotOR II.

Ok, there's few suggestions. I'll do more when/if KotOR II is offical.

Let's play Alpha Protocol

My misadventures on youtube.

I prefer a good game and caring about the fans that caring more about money and business. You can survive just making pc games.

bixarro. My point wasn't made very well but I'm guessing people agree with me. You wouldn't happen to be shadowpaladin?

>*

I prefer a good game and caring about the fans that caring more about money and business. You can survive just making pc games.

bixarro. My point wasn't made very well but I'm guessing people agree with me. You wouldn't happen to be shadowpaladin?

They don't want to survive, they want to thrive.

As I already suggested in another thread, I'd like more differences in the way the game evolves depending on the class you pick (like class-only quests/dialogue options/etc for example).

I'd also like more alternatives to combat in some cases to make non-Soldier characters worth playing. KotOR depends too heavily on combat IMO and really forces you to make a Soldier character in order to avoid the "died/reload/died/reload" routine. I finished the game as a Soldier and didn't die once, but as a Scoundrel I wasted many hours trying to defeat relatively easy foes.

It is also a bit annoying how blasters and heavy armor really become obsolete later in the game, when you can make a party of 3 saber-wielding, robe-wearing Jedis that h@xx0r everybody and do amounts of damage that blasters could never do.

And, of course: More Endings!!! :ph34r:

Instead of listing what I'd like to see in the new game, I'll sketch out my biggest problems with the original.

1. What I disliked the most--what kept me from even finishing KOTOR--was its relentlessly adolescent political correctness. Every culture you met in the game was somehow superior to your own. Sand People (just plain evil in the movie, weren't they?), Wookiees (did I spell that correctly?) all had to lecture the player about the evils of colonialism or something. Corporations are evil. Blah blah blah. I don't care what a game's political viewpoint is--just keep it subtle, don't shove it in my face.

2. Related to the first point is the stock nature of the npcs. Sanctimonious Carth was the most annoying npc since Virgil. Then Mission--gosh, a plucky little girl character with a cute voice!

3. Finally, if you're going to make certain areas inaccesible, please don't block them off with a four inch wall that for some reason I can't just step over. I realize that games must be limited to a greater or lesser extent, but the way this was handled in KOTOR was just insulting.

Well, ok. I actually have quite a few more problems with the game than just those, but I'll stop before getting carried away. I think all of us here believe that the folks at Obsidian know what they're doing, and have the talent necessary to make a great game, even if it's based on such a faulty one as KOTOR. I just hope they're not pressured into dumbing everything down.

DONT SPEAK HIS NAME! He might just appear :ph34r: :ph34r: :ph34r: