Money keeps disappearing

Pedda544

Question

So by now I had two instances both in Neketaka were I lost a few thousand gold while I was not sure the first time it happend, now it happend again and I have two saves not even a day appart with suddenly 2k+ gold less in my inventory, without me buying anything! (and on top of it I got like 500 gold+ from quest givers in the meantime)

I dont know what triggers it but here are my saves which are less than 1 day appart:

well ok apparently I am not allowed to upload that kind of file.....

anyway here are my specs and I hope this issue gets fixed (could it maybe not be an issue at all but some mechanic I overlooked or some sort of NPC that is stealing form me?)

DxDiag.txt

7 answers to this question

Heya Pedda544,

Thanks for the post! We're currently investigating this money loss issue. I'll let you know when we find the cause, and if there are any workarounds to use temporarily while waiting for a fix.

Thanks again!

• Like 1

I try my very best.

Well there is one workaround, it's called Cheat Engine... not sure if this sort of thing is discouraged from being discussed on the forums, but at the very least the OP could get their actually bug-related missing money back this way without losing achievements.

I won't post a how to, since I don't know if this might be against the rules here, but just as a temporary workaround suggestion, that would definitely work without jeopardizing the save game with regards to achievements, which the console cheats would.

Edited by Homer Morisson
  • Like 1

Well there is one workaround, it's called Cheat Engine... not sure if this sort of thing is discouraged from being discussed on the forums, but at the very least the OP could get their actually bug-related missing money back this way without losing achievements.

I won't post a how to, since I don't know if this might be against the rules here, but just as a temporary workaround suggestion, that would definitely work without jeopardizing the save game with regards to achievements, which the console cheats would.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already used the console to get it back. I really dont like to use the console but getting back the money I made from all the goodies from that old city under Neketaka was motivation enough.

Thanks for the suggestion but I already used the console to get it back. I really dont like to use the console but getting back the money I made from all the goodies from that old city under Neketaka was motivation enough.

You're welcome -- I hope you are okay with not unlocking achievements anymore now, especially since they unlock a currency ingame that you can use for your next playthrough to unlock some bonuses and stuff.

I found the cause of my missing gold, it would seem I overlooked that upgrading your armor costs a few thausand gold and thats where it went well sorry for wasting your peoples time.

I guess this thread can be deleted now. 

Actually this is not a waste of time. I have had this happen to me twice. The second time I caught on to where it was going... but shouldn't have. When I loaded the game save, along the right side of the screen I saw a string of repeated payouts to crew. That drained all of the money I had. It was at least several thousand coins or gold or whatever. Way more than my small crew on my small boat should have gotten for one day. I was able to reload the save game without it happening though so now I know what to do if it happens again, but I think its a bug that should get addressed.