Useful Tutorials and Links

So how do you provided updated translations for all expansions? You have to have a mod for each expansion because you can not have the folder "exported "and "laxa_exported "in there.

Or do you need to put all ids from items.stringtable into the items.stringtable from exported folder?

You don't need to use any different folders to mod expansion content.

You can think of the expansion "lax*_exported" folders as being themselves much like mods of the base game

Mabye I'm missing something here.

I want to create a translation mod which uses the override folder and which you can enable and disable with the mod manager.

So I have to create a folder structure like this:

override\[mymod]\localized\de\text\game\items.stringtable

The items.stringtable is the file from the exported folder.

But there is also a items.stringtable file in the laxa_exported folder. So how do I put both files into the folder: override\[mymod]\localized\de\text\game\

without overwriting the file?

So how do you provided updated translations for all expansions? You have to have a mod for each expansion because you can not have the folder "exported "and "laxa_exported "in there.

Or do you need to put all ids from items.stringtable into the items.stringtable from exported folder?

You don't need to use any different folders to mod expansion content.

You can think of the expansion "lax*_exported" folders as being themselves much like mods of the base game

I want to create a translation mod which uses the override folder and which you can enable and disable with the mod manager.

But there is also a items.stringtable file in the laxa_exported folder. So how do I put both files into the folder: override\[mymod]\localized\de\text\game\

the files in laxa_exported , etc are just adding new entries there aren't present inside the item.stringtable in exported folder, so just refer to the item.stringtable override  like always

the files in laxa_exported , etc are just adding new entries there aren't present inside the item.stringtable in exported folder, so just refer to the item.stringtable override  like always

But this means I have to merge the files into one big item.stringtable

There is a problem with "Max" - Devs have been informed (@Cdiaz)

If you set "Max" to ANYTHING other than current patch you get a Version Error in Mod Manager

The BIG problem here is that we only need to change a few numbers to let it pass even if we've done nothing else

I'm not updating my mod - it requires no updates, works perfectly as is, I'm simply keeping Mod Manager happy

"Max" should be optional UNLESS there are major changes - something I check with EVERY release (nothing to report, really so far)

Just a warning for your good Mod management

I see no point uploading new releases to Nexus is all we change is a few digits in "Max"

OK Fair warning has been applied

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Please note that this process is messy so may take a few weeks 

Yep + soz, that's the way it works

I recently asked the Devs if we could translate into Welsh (this was simply an example - not a real project)

The answer is yep (I have the details - PM me if you wanna do a Korean for example)

You have to do a FULL override and this means re-writing EVERY SINGLE line.

The distinction is additive Mods

If I only want to add "The Red Hand and Friends" I only need translations of the words I use, same goes for Convo mods

Simply pick a new unused ID and you're fine (Mod clash may occur so pick your numbers carefully)

That's the extent of language Mods

One of my Modder friends has done a proper Russian translation and another Italian (the originals were junky as hell I'm informed)

I'm gonna move the domain to https://perspak.com early Feb but will keep all content

There are reasons behind this move which basically boil down to unifying my release schedule

My friends are welcome to play (I'll set you up your own areas if you desire them)

Yes, that's true. That should work as expected, though it is perhaps a bit less organized. If users don't have those expansions installed, they won't see the text (since they don't have the content that references it).

"Max" should be optional UNLESS there are major changes - something I check with EVERY release (nothing to report, really so far)

Yes, we will try to take a look at this in a future version.
  • Like 1

*.*bundle files can be anywhere in your mod folder, but *.stringtable files need to be in the same folder hierarchy as the file they're overriding. E.g. to override localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable, your override file should be in override\[yourmod]\localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable.

*note* That also means that you can not use subfolders in your mod to split texts for different purposes.

For example override\[yourmod]\blueThings\localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable will not work.

I suggest using such folder names, as I will do for the enhanced ui mod:

override\[yourmod]_blueThings\localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable

override\[yourmod]_redThings\localized\en\text\game\gui.stringtable

I was interested in this concept as well so chose a language nobody would bother doing (Welsh)

Here's @BMac's reply

Yes, you can add new languages.  You just provide string tables under new language folder just as if you were modding an existing language.  You also need to include a language.xml, which you can see in the exported/localized language folders.

Unfortunately, you cannot do this via the override directory at the moment - you'll have to do it in the exported/localized directory.

If you're overriding a supported language things are diffo

You can simply replicate exported stringtables in your override directory, some of my friends have fixed some awful translations for their locality using this method

As I understand it IF we did a full Welsh (dumb example - I'm sticking to it) then overrides would also function

I'm working on building a translation team so check that thread when I post it

• 3 weeks later...

OK

https://poe.peardox.com/spacereq

Used a small bit of cryptography on this one (not much and not secure as I usually do)

This is specifically to address StringTable ID clash

Anyway, this provides a randomised 1024 range of numbers to you that has a minimal chance a clash

This is nick based and randomises so you can repeat the process is you need a different range.

The chance of a clash is > 2 million to 1

The IDs 0 to 65,535 are left for OBS while the rest is a free-for-all

• Like 2

What's about  

EnchantCategory

of Itemmods ? What are the differences and how should we use them

I was originally under the impression that an item has to have the Fine enchantment for the enchantment menu to even be available(ie for the Enchant button to appear). But some of the companions' unique items start with no quality and have to be upgraded to Fine. So what determines whether the enchantment menu appears? Is there a setting for that in the data? I've looked but didn't see anything that looked like it might fit

In v2.0.1, an item has to be Unique, have at least one item mod on it, and not be Soulbound to be enchantable.

In v2.1.0, items will no longer need to be Unique to be enchanted; they'll just have to have an applicable visible recipe that can apply to them.

• Like 1

In v2.0.1, an item has to be Unique, have at least one item mod on it, and not be Soulbound to be enchantable.

In v2.1.0, items will no longer need to be Unique to be enchanted; they'll just have to have an applicable visible recipe that can apply to them.

are we able to enchant it if we satisfied any soulbound level request (last state) or do we need to make a sort of replacement like you devs did with Modwyr?

So in 2.1.0 are we able to enchant also any soulbounded weapons in each of their soulbound levels?

Edited by kilay

and what's about BindDefaultDebugKeys.txt ?

i have added a empty version of it in \PillarsOfEternityII_Data\data\batchfiles\ to avoid the annoying red message about missing file when you try to open the console .
It seems me a batch file but it's a mistery for me how compile it  and what it is supposed to do..

only hints that i've found are here
so i will bet on macros
Thnks

Pillars_of_Eternity_II_Deadfire_Screensh

Edited by kilay

are we able to enchant it if we satisfied any soulbound level request (last state) or do we need to make a sort of replacement like you devs did with Modwyr?

So in 2.1.0 are we able to enchant also any soulbounded weapons in each of their soulbound levels?

We don't allow soulbound items to be enchanted at all. That's because all the mods on them are assumed to be from leveling up, and if you unbind the item, it wipes all mods and re-adds the default ones. Replacing the item with a non-soulbound one that can be enchanted would work.

What exactly does "neverdropasloot" do? Isn't what drops as loot determined by loot lists? Is that another PoE1 thing?

Some enemies can drop their inventory and equipment when they die (in addition to any loot lists they are assigned).  That flag prevents certain items from ever dropping this way.  I think it's mostly used for stuff like creature armor and weapons that the player isn't supposed to see, ever.

and what's about BindDefaultDebugKeys.txt ?

That's a macro file that we use to run a bunch of BindCommand calls to do thing we use for debugging.  It gets removed from the release build.  I'll put in a bug report for that.
  • Like 1

I've tried to add a new subrace but i got stuck.. (maybe I wrong something)
is possible to add a new SubraceGameData  ? seems to me that also a new code for AppearanceVariationSettingsComponent  and some tweaks to PT_Racial and CharacterCreationSettings are required but my Q is :

are those values hardcoded or  can I try to make a new race reusing character models already inside the game ?
Thnks

Edited by kilay

is possible to add a new SubraceGameData  ? seems to me that also a new code for AppearanceVariationSettingsComponent  and some tweaks to PT_Racial and CharacterCreationSettings are required but my Q is :

are those values hardcoded or  can I try to make a new race reusing character models already inside the game ?

Thnks

I had a fairly smart idea from a rejected (https://poe.peardox.com/modinfo?lid=41)

Take a class that tends not to use weapons like Druid

Change the model (Panther?)

Mix in some hireling and mod it (basically we're replacing the hireling)

Change abilities to be in-role

You've now got a Panther-Druid hireling

I know it's a cheat but it's an interesting idea

I've not thought this thru but THINK it's do-able

You can take any hireling and mod it via stringtable to have a new name + dialog chain

Same works for companions but I'd leave those alone

Edited by peardox

Thnks

I don't think you'll be able to add a new race or subrace at the moment.  There are a number of things that are based on the enumeration, which you can't easily modify.

• Like 1

Thnks

I don't think you'll be able to add a new race or subrace at the moment.  There are a number of things that are based on the enumeration, which you can't easily modify.

Thnks to have clarified that . I will try a different approach.

• 1 year later...

Here's some introductory basics that I just messaged to a guy:

Instructions for Changing Pallegina's Wrath of the Five Suns

-------------------------------------------------

You too man you can change that easily by the way.  Just find 

DebugName": "Wrath_of_the_Five_Suns

In the abilities.gamedatabundle of the exported folder and change the 

"PenetrationAdjustment": 0

to 1 or w/e you want.

If you want to just override the code, save it. If you want to make a mod, save that piece of code the same way everyone saves their code.  That piece of code starts from

{
        "$type": "Game.GameData.GenericAbilityGameData, Assembly-CSharp",

and ends with

"$type": "Game.GameData.ProgressionUnlockableComponent, Assembly-CSharp"
             }
         ]
    }, <----remove this comma if that's the only piece of code you're using.  Comma is for multiple pieces in same lane.

Every whole code file has to begin with (if it's a .gamedatabundle file)

{
"GameDataObjects": [

and ends with

]
}

This is to cancel out the [ and ( that have already been written at the beginning of the code.

Visual Studio Code is used to look at the code but NotePad++ is easier to install and can do it ok too.  But use Visual Studio Code so you catch mistakes.  You format the code to JSON format so you can read it easier.