Hi,

I simply want to replace the player's voice with my own voice. There are 155 .wem audio files under the "****y male player" voice set. What is the easiest way to accomplish this? 

Thanks!

There's no easiest way.  :p

Before going off and recording yourself saying the same things as those 155 files... you'd need some familiarity with the audio asset management suite that creates wem files. It's a tricky beast, but there are some Youtube video explaining how it works.

https://www.audiokinetic.com/products/wwise/

Without a license, you're limited to (I think) 50 files at a time.  After recording those 155 wav files, you could probably process them in batches until you have the full set.

Hi,

I simply want to replace the player's voice with my own voice. There are 155 .wem audio files under the "****y male player" voice set. What is the easiest way to accomplish this?

Thanks!

There's no easy way, it's going to be tedious.

This webpage has a tutorial for converting audio files between formats:

https://forum.worldofwarships.com/topic/95552-converting-wem-to-ogg-for-sound-mods-tutorial/

You'll need to match your files to the original player voiceset files (use the names of the files to determine the conditions where they trigger) and name your file with the EXACT filename of the original (numbers and all) because that's how the game pulls it from the data to use it.

I went through Xoti's audio folder and manually swapped the majority of her voice files with those for the "Female Kind" player voice. It took a while, but I can confirm it works. In my case however, Xoti has some files that the player does NOT have, so I wasn't able to swap those.

• Like 1

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

It's annoying that a game released 18 years ago (Baldur's Gate 2) had the easiest way to customize your game.

For example.

Want to add your own portraits? Simply resize your .jpeg files (using MS Paint) to match ours and drop it in an easily found portraits folder.

Want to add your own custom voices? We have a text file that shows you the actual SCRIPT of the dialog being voiced. 

You'd just record your own lines from the script using MS Sound Recorder and drop it into the matching folder.

Is this THAT hard to do????

But I digress. Thanks for the information sir.