Almost all negative Steam user reviews are due to bugs

well i did every single bounty on POTD and not one of my companions basically got a scratch on them 

If that is your idea of a playable game then i am sorry the joke is on you

There are reports on threads with people saying they hit the pause button twice and two shotted a dragon on POTD

Reddit is flooded with people saying the game in un playable because it is to easy,

These forums are flooded with people saying the game is to easy

Maybe we are talking about different games

Deadfire in its current state is completely broken and not playable IMO

Edited by master guardian

Funny that. I've put in 60 hours and apart from some crashes and some fairly minor bugs (I've reported a host of them), I've had a great time. Objectively the game is simply not "broken" or "unplayable". They'll fix some balancing issues, sure, and that will probably make the game more fun for people who enjoy a proper challenge. The game is far from bug free, but if you look at the bugs forum you can also see that the vast majority of reported bugs are pretty minor stuff.

• Like 1

well i did every single bounty on POTD and not one of my companions basically got a scratch on them 

There are reports on threads with people saying they hit the pause button twice and two shotted a dragon on POTD

Reddit is flooded with people saying the game in un playable because it is to easy,

I think you are trying to say the game is unbalanced. And if difficult combat is your sole motivator for playing this game, I understand that you are very disappointed.

However, the game is not unplayable or "broken" in a general sense.

• Like 3

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I think you are trying to say the game is unbalanced. And if difficult combat is your sole motivator for playing this game, I understand that you are very disappointed.

i call the game broken if i complete every bounty on POTD without a scratch on me

so yep its broken

and the level scaling function not working actually is a proper bug

• Like 1

The game has an absurd amount of gamebreaking bugs so far. Crashes, history is wrong if imported and if constructed within ingame tool, respecc wipes your Watcher abilities and bought training, companion reputation not working at all, memory leak, dialogue's cutting off for no reason and a build so broken it crashes the game completely. 

https://steamcommunity.com/app/560130/discussions/0/2828702373007353692/ )

Then there's also the performance issue which comes with the memory leak, the performance overall in queens berth, the random fps drop which happens sporadically while running around and probably a lot more. 

It's fine to like a game but burying your head in the sand and ignoring every issue is neither helping nor particular honest. Posting a meme on top of it is just showing the ignorance towards the issues. 

The fact that you can finish the game doesn't mean it's not broken. Everything i listed above are things currently happening with much more probably i didn't even come across so far so saying it's not broken is a joke. 

It's a mess so far. An enjoyable mess but a mess nontheless. 

• Like 2

well lets have a respectful debate,

can you please explain to me in your opinion how people are completing all the bounties on POTD and two shotting dragons is not considered a broken game.

Its like saying im going to play the monopoly board game but i am guaranteed of owning every street eg mayfair everything for free

the game is broken dude, 

people can prance around and look at the pretty graphics thats about it

it has nothing to do with class balance it has everything to do with POTD balance. They need more enemies in every encounter and they need to be stronger

I think the people who don't see the game as being broken like you do Master Guardian, disagree because they don't only focus on the combat aspect. For most people (I assume) a broken game, is a game that won't let you continue to play, or breaks down in some fashion as its default response to your gameplay choices. But I can understand your position and your argument, it's not fun to run over every encounter at max difficulty, if combat challenge is what you seek.

But like Mannock, I probably wouldn't call it broken. The screen doesn't go black when you steamroll a dragon? The game isn't crashing? It's just easy right? Rather I'd call it poorly balanced. Because that's essentially what you're describing. As Josh has stated, the devs has acknowledged that it is an issue, and that it will be looked at. But Obsidian has more urgent issues with actually game breaking stuff right now.

At the end of the day, it's their choice what to prioritize, and they have had full gameplay feedback for only a week now. I think you're being a little impatient, but then again, I stopped playing a few days ago until the patch, so I can understand that sentiment. We all want to play and have fun.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 7

can you please explain to me in your opinion how people are completing all the bounties on POTD and two shotting dragons is not considered a broken game.

Its like saying im going to play the monopoly board game but i am guaranteed of owning every street eg mayfair everything for free

the game is broken dude, 

it has nothing to do with class balance it has everything to do with POTD balance. They need more enemies in every encounter and they need to be stronger

A broken game is a game that won't start, or that starts but which you can't finish because it crashes or gets stuck because of bugs.

Deadfire is none of that. It is playable from start to finish.

Personally I play on relaxed difficulty setting because combat doesn't interest me that much. To easily kill a dragon is not deal breaker for me. However, I do get that you, and a lot of others who mostly play the game for the combat mechanics, are disappointed, angry, frustrated, etc.

But that still doesn't mean the game is broken. It needs balancing in regards to the difficulty settings. So you can either ask for a refund or put the game down for a while and come back when it's been patched a few times.

• Like 4

I'll do it, for a turnip.

DnD item quality description mod (for PoE2) by peardox

I feel like some people try to make a game easy by seeking out the most OP classes / items. If the game difficulty is set to making the most op things hard, won't that make the non op choices really bad and overwhelm the majority of people who don't think about it in such detail? I do think it's easier than 1, but for the average bumbling player like myself, who has to read online how to play properly (lol), it's definitely not "too easy".

• Like 2

nvAeseu.png

I myself find the diffuculty exactly as it was in Pillars 1 vanilla. It's ok on normal. Have some tough moments but overall I do good. I tried to tackle a red three-skull opponent once and got my arse handed to me. Other times I managed it. So I'm ok with that. The game gives an ok challenge which is fine since it's huge and I don't fancy reloading 10 times ti get passt a random dungeon room. I need to move on with other aspects (story etc). 

Now, I haven't tried it on higher difficulties yet so I'm not sure. Maybe they are more unbalanced? Maybe normal is the most challenging difficulty at this moment?

• Like 2

This is definitely easier than the last game was and no I'm not seeking out the most OP classes. Unless all the classes I have tried so far happen to be the most OP I guess.

Like I haven't even played the first pillars on POTD because veteran was enough of a challenge for me.

• Like 1

I'm happy to see all these negative reviews, having to wait months for an Obsidian game to be "fixed" after launch is getting really tiring. I certainly won't make the mistake of pledging or preordering from them again.

Do you honestly expect a bug free game at launch? Even the CRPGs with millions more used on Q&A are buggy at launch. When you create a something as big as Deadfire, Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect or Baldur's Gate there will be bugs.

Hell, I've had more show up while playing Red Dead Redemption. When you create something as big as that, no matter how long you tweak it, bugs wil appear when there are 100 000 - 10 000 000 people playing the game instead of the 100 Q&A guys you have playing it.

• Like 4

Hate the living, love the dead.

the game is broken dude, 

You are talking about an unbalanced/too easy game, not about a broken game.

You seem to have those words mixed up.

• Like 6

Dank Memes for Dank Spores.

People are way to emotical now a days and expect flawless games.. Its never been like this and Obsidian even if there are major bugs in this game actually tries to fix them! I think the patch today will solve alot of the issues at hand (import bug, respec, etc) I myself have only played 2½ hours because I want my import to be right (can't have Eder being into faith) I don't mind waiting until today tbh if it means the game as better off.

I will review the game once its been out a few months thats the fair thing to do.

• Like 2

I'm happy to see all these negative reviews, having to wait months for an Obsidian game to be "fixed" after launch is getting really tiring. I certainly won't make the mistake of pledging or preordering from them again.

Do you honestly expect a bug free game at launch? Even the CRPGs with millions more used on Q&A are buggy at launch. When you create a something as big as Deadfire, Skyrim, Fallout, Mass Effect or Baldur's Gate there will be bugs.

Hell, I've had more show up while playing Red Dead Redemption. When you create something as big as that, no matter how long you tweak it, bugs wil appear when there are 100 000 - 10 000 000 people playing the game instead of the 100 Q&A guys you have playing it.

The import/history bugs, broken quests in Neketaka, and messed up relationship system really should not have gotten past QA.  No one in their right mind expects a game like this to be bug free, but this many broken quests and non functional or barely functional features is inexcusable.

Also, I agree with most people here that the game is not fundamentally broken or unplayably buggy by any means.  However, "unplayably buggy" is really subjective.  There are many on these forums who would consider it unplayable due to the import/history issue, especially those for whom the story and roleplaying element is paramount.  If the most important part of Pillars 1 for you was story and relationships, would you want to play Deadfire right now when your choices from the previous game are imported completely wrong?

And I have to admit, after (accidentally) breaking Food For Thought, Harsh Medicine, Family Pride, Cornett's Call, and A Glimpse Beyond over the course of 2-3 hours, I was pretty close to giving up on the game.  Admittedly, I'm the type of player who looks for the most unconventional possible way to finish quests, but still the Neketaka quests seem to be breaking left and right in my game and it's very annoying.

OK

So to everyone who had disagreed with me saying them game is not broken im going to give you four reasons why it 100% is

Easy difficulty  = absolute joke

hard difficulty    = even bigger joke

veteran difficulty   = frickin laughing stock

POTD                    = The biggest joke the world has ever seen since donald Trump got elected president

The difficulty levels in this game mean nothing and i mean 100% nothing.

There is absolutely no difference between me starting a easy difficulty play through compared to a POTD play-through

Level scaling also is completely broken. like totally broken (admitted by sawyer on twitter)

I wish all you non believers the best in your en-devours. May you beat the game sideways with your level 2 priest/ monk and enjoy yourselves.

Until you see the light and realize you have been completely screwed over until they fix the game, god bless you 

you are truly special souls that deserve what you get.

god bless

• Like 1

Again you seem to be confused about the meaning of the words broken and poorly balanced. Obviously there is a difference. And there is a difference between settings. It's in the numbers. You being so skilled, that it hardly matters to you is another matter. Take a step back and watch it objectively instead of from an offended position. There is no light to see.
You asked yourself for a reasonable debate. Seems to me like most people complied. And now you sweep all other opinions aside in a really rude manner calling everybody non believers who hasn't seen the light, among other stuff... Really man? 

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 6

Again you seem to be confused about the meaning of the words broken and poorly balanced. Obviously there is a difference. It's in the number. You being so skilled, that it hardly matters to you is another matter. Take a step back and watch it objectively instead of from an offended position. There is no light to see.

You asked yourself for a reasonable debate. Seems to me like most people complied. And now you sweep all other opinions aside in a really rude manner calling everybody non believers who hasn't seen the light, among other stuff... Really man? 

That is some serious bull****.

Godbless you son

You don't engage arguments made by others. You just bombasticly repeat what you believe with misplaced bravado, and unsubstantiated assertions. It's pretty obvious that there's no constructive progress to be made here. So keep doing your thing man. I'm sure there's a niche somewhere for your particular style of "constructive criticism".

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 5

OK

So to everyone who had disagreed with me saying them game is not broken im going to give you four reasons why it 100% is

POTD                    = The biggest joke the world has ever seen since donald Trump got elected president

There is absolutely no difference between me starting a easy difficulty play through compared to a POTD play-through

Level scaling also is completely broken. like totally broken (admitted by sawyer on twitter)

I wish all you non believers the best in your en-devours. May you beat the game sideways with your level 2 priest/ monk and enjoy yourselves.

Until you see the light and realize you have been completely screwed over until they fix the game, god bless you 

god bless

So if I make a POTD character, it'll be just as hard/easy as it is on normal?

• Like 1

nvAeseu.png

That seems to be the general consensus.

There are a few people that think Deadfire is better, most are content that it's a bit below.

I do. It lacks a lot of things I liked about the first one, but there's so much new stuff that I like about it. (Basically almost everything that are flaws in Odoakars opinion.) But as a grown up person I see no need in leaving a steam review or something like that and I think lot of others like me feel the same.

So far Deadfire is a real marvel, even with all the things I dislike about it. I didn't have that much fun since BG2.

• Like 1

---

We're all doomed

I was trying to import Chocarnage save game into poe2 its not finding it i watched his  playthrew like his choices but i dono where to put the  save so  POE2 finds it. I dono about the history at  the begining so i chose Benovelnt.  I bought the big edition becuse i love balders gate icewind  dale. But now im seeing bugs posted over at steam fourms and theres seems to me its going to take more than 1 patch to fix. jjust my 2c

OK

Easy difficulty = absolute joke

hard difficulty = even bigger joke

veteran difficulty = frickin laughing stock

POTD = The biggest joke the world has ever seen since donald Trump got elected president

god bless

Yep the game is currently broken. According to sawyer himself level scaling is broken and POTD is way out of whack.

There are certain users on this forum who think otherwise. They are special people. Special people who try and delflect away from the truth with there special ramblings about nothing really,

• Like 2

OK

god bless

Yep

I'll report back then xD

nvAeseu.png