I don't think there was a quest particularly for it. As for a hint, I found it after thoroughly exploring all the areas after an unpleasant elevator ride in the shabby part of Neketaka.

Do be aware, it is an area where you can't always get back the way you came, and there are a LOT of unpleasant things between you and the exit. (So definitely keep a save from before you go there).

• Like 1

I don't think there was a quest particularly for it. As for a hint, I found it after thoroughly exploring all the areas after an unpleasant elevator ride in the shabby part of Neketaka.

Do be aware, it is an area where you can't always get back the way you came, and there are a LOT of unpleasant things between you and the exit. (So definitely keep a save from before you go there).

I thought I cleared out that area?   Is it in the first area post elevator, or the 2nd area post elevator?

I thought I cleared out that area?   Is it in the first area post elevator, or the 2nd area post elevator?

The second, but there are 3 areas. It's in the northeasternmost corner.

Does anyone know if her dialogues still trigger when equipped on a companion? I'd like the quest/banter, but swords aren't the best weapon proficiency for my class.

Edit: Ah, looks like the dialogue is tied to leveling up the weapon, which you can only do as the watcher.

Edited by Purudaya

There is an event involving the sword. It should just trigger when you approach its owner, somewhere in the world.

Not a quest, but definitely an event.

Do you have any idea what this event is?

I cleared out the whole of Old town, went to the northeast corner where the elevator is but I can't find any signs of a hidden sword. Even have 18 perc so...

Does anyone know if her dialogues still trigger when equipped on a companion? I'd like the quest/banter, but swords aren't the best weapon proficiency for my class.

Edit: Ah, looks like the dialogue is tied to leveling up the weapon, which you can only do as the watcher.

FWIW it's extremely easy to level it right now, as after any kind of combat the game thinks you have met the requirements. Only the last requirement needs to be actually met, even if the game thinks it has been.

I cleared out the whole of Old town, went to the northeast corner where the elevator is but I can't find any signs of a hidden sword. Even have 18 perc so...

As Hybridsalmon mentioned, there are multiple zones (Old City, Old City Ruins, Old City Overlook, if memory serves). This isn't a matter of pimping your perception and squinting at the screen.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

The one above me answered it better ;-)

On a side note: I really enjoyed that sword more than anything else in the game so far. Fully powered it's awesome and can be enchanted to legendary which is sweet

Edited by Miro

There is an event involving the sword. It should just trigger when you approach its owner, somewhere in the world.

Not a quest, but definitely an event.

Do you have any idea what this event is?

It's an interaction involving her previous owner. It allows you to equip the sword on a follower if you pick the correct choices.