Hello, people!

As the title implies, my question is - is it possible to reroll character attributes after creation of the character? My trickster/soulblade is level 4 right now and I'm starting to feel that I did couple of mistakes while assigning attribute points.

• Like 1

Keep in mind if you reroll through the console you have to unequip your weapons first, re-add the watcher abilities, add experience points etc.  It's definitely possible though

Edited by Urthor
  • Like 1

Keep in mind if you reroll through the console you have to unequip your weapons first, re-add the watcher abilities, add experience points etc.  It's definitely possible though

First, how would one do this. Second wouldn't that disable achievements?

• Like 1

type iroll20s into the console

Remove items

Screenshot your character abilities tab for the various watcher abilities etc

Open Character Creation into the console

check the experience total Eder/one of your companions has

remove all companions

Add Experience x into the console

Go to Tavern and reroll
play game

So yes you're explicitly cheating, and you'll get achievements disabled unless you find a way to get around the flag obsidian have made for that.  
Edited by Urthor
  • Like 1

type iroll20s into the console

Remove items

Screenshot your character abilities tab for the various watcher abilities etc

Open Character Creation into the console

check the experience total Eder/one of your companions has

remove all companions

Add Experience x into the console

Go to Tavern and reroll
play game

So yes you're explicitly cheating, and you'll get achievements disabled unless you find a way to get around the flag obsidian have made for that.  

Thanks.

I poked around in the save game files, but like PoE1 (and unlike Tyrrany) the save info isn't human readable.

• Like 1

You don't have to fully reroll to change the attributes, you can change them separately.

It is still advisable to unequip everything first, to not be irritated by stat-boosts from items, pets...

Example:

iroll20s

AttributeScore Player_XXXXX Might 10

XXXXX is your name, pressing tab after you typed in the first few letters of a command ("Attr...", "Pla...") autocompletes a command

WARNING! This counts as "cheat" and disables achievements!!! Save before trying! I'm not responsible for anything  ;)  :grin: 

Edited by Tomice
  • Like 1

Someone is working on a full console over on Nexus right now. It's rather limited (for now), and it doesn't disable achievements. I'm mostly keeping an eye on the Nexus mods because it seems a bunch of folks are unhappy with the modals. If I knew how to find the modals I'd look at them myself. But I'm not very savvy with programming at any level these days.

Edited by KentDA
  • Like 1

You can also download Cheat Engine table and easy edit your Attributes- super handly for testing out builds. I am sure sooner or later we will have IE Mod and Save Editor so everything will be possible.

I myself so far really don't like that game does not let you reroll attributes and change companion classes. We have to wait for modders to step in.

• Like 1

You can also download Cheat Engine table and easy edit your Attributes- super handly for testing out builds. I am sure sooner or later we will have IE Mod and Save Editor so everything will be possible.

I myself so far really don't like that game does not let you reroll attributes and change companion classes. We have to wait for modders to step in.

I don't mind classes so much as I mind not being able to change attributes, but yeah.

• Like 1

You're treated like your companions in Pillars 1 now - choices made at level 1 can't be changed with retraining.

That said, just don't retrain right now, period. You'll likely permanently lose abilities and ability points.

• Like 1

In PoE 1, changing companion classes is easy with IE Mod (http://rien-ici.com/iemod/console/). The command ChangeClass <name> <Class> allows this – I used it to change companions into custom characters of my choice. The advantage of doing this instead of hiring henchmen is that you don’t have to choose between having interactive companions and optimized party members. In my case, I carefully adjusted the stats of my companions to match that of henchmen I could’ve hired at an inn, so it’s not technically a cheat, just a way to have the best of both worlds.

I’m hoping the same capability will be available in Deadfire.

Edited by hugin7
  • Like 1

(Type iroll20s before using any commands. This disables achievements.)

Example of adding an ability:

AddAbility Player_name WeaponProficiency_Sword
AddAbility Companion_name(Clone) WeaponProficiency_Hatchet

Example of removing an ability:

RemoveAbility Player_name Visage_Of_Deaths_Herald
RemoveAbility Companion_name(Clone) Second_Wind

Changing PC/companion Attributes:

AttributeScore Player_name Might 10 [sets the PC's Might to Base 10]
AttributeScore Companion_name(Clone) Perception 15 [sets the companion's Perception to Base 15]

Changing companion's class level back to 1 (so you can customize it completely):

SetClassLevel Companion_Xoti(Clone) 1
AddExperience Companion_Xoti(Clone) 9845 (remember to input the amount of XP you want here; these numbers are just an example)

[go to Retrain at a store] Retrain that companion from level 1.

AFAIK currently there isn't any command that allows CHANGING the actual class to another one (for companions), but you can Add/Remove Abilities to whatever you want, giving them ones from other classes, etc. 

You can find the game's abilities inside the Abilities.gamebundle file in GameInstallDir>PoE2_data>exported>design>GameData. Pro-Tip: Open said abilities file in WordPad (or any text editor) and CONTROL + F the name of the Ability.

In my game I removed Xoti's Crossbow Proficiency and gave her Pistol, and I lowered Eder's Dexterity and Intellect a bit, and added those points to his Perception so he has a bit better ACC while sword-and-boarding. Just an example of small changes you can make that have zero chance of breaking anything.

Edited by aweigh0101
  • Like 1

To customize your PC from Level 1:

0. Write down your Watcher's full list of Abilities and his XP amount.
1. Unequip everything.
2. Remove companions at an Inn (or use console command ManageParty).
3. OpenCharacterCreation
    [create your char]
    AddExperience [amount of XP you previously had]
    AddAbility Player_name Watcher_Ability_Name_That_You_Wrote_Down
4. Go to a store and retrain your Watcher from level 1 up to the level attainable from the XP you just gave yourself.

• Like 1