Just so that we know.. what are you all defining as "too long"?

5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds a minute?

On average my loading times are under 10 seconds which I consider perfectly reasonable....

Edited by Koth

Mine depend on what my computer is doing at the time. It loves getting preoccupied with updates and such whenever I try to game. I usually get under 20s loading screens which seems acceptable considering I am not running an SSD. Those prerendered background need to get loaded!

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that when PoE1 first launched the loading times were much longer. 

Do the loading times increase the longer you play? 

I'm not that far into the game and I didn't really notice they were that bad. 

• Like 1

Correct me if I'm wrong but I seem to remember that when PoE1 first launched the loading times were much longer. 

Yes, I believe PoE1 would load longer the bigger save was. I am not too far into the game either.

Just so that we know.. what are you all defining as "too long"?

5 seconds, 10 seconds, 30 seconds a minute?

On average my loading times are under 10 seconds which I consider perfectly reasonable....

1min 29 seconds for  load game  . Too long loading   between maps  (not that long  but still too much)

Yeah. In POE1 if you had too much inventory, the load times would increase.

This will depend a lot on the hardware, but with my i5 processor and the game installed unto an SSD, the loading times are usually between 5-10 seconds, no matter where I go. This is fantastic, and it's actually faster than what I experienced in Pillars 1.

That said, I have heard from others that the loading times are really long. I'd assume this has to do with the processor and, possibly, running the game on a disk drive.

3 minutes in the big city, sometimes longer and I do have a decent rig.

How long have you been playing? 

Do you have a bloated inventory? 

I'm using a laptop to play the game and my loading times are much much shorter than that (but I've only played 12 hours so far).

Edited by gloomseeker

Definitely a hardware thing. SSD's are a lifesaver here and I can confirm that on a M.2 NVMe they are only a matter of seconds even endgame.

If you have multiple drives make sure you install it on your fastest, on your boot drive if you have to. It makes a huge difference

I can only imagine that anyone with load times over a minute must be using HDD or old laptop or something... Which is fine don't get me wrong, but I think that's the exception rather than the rule

Edited by fortuntek

on an ssd here , max loading in say a city is nothing more than 10-12 secends. going from a city into a building , 3-4 secends max. Maybe try a defrag? turn sleep off on your hdd. not sure what else you could try.

Very disappointing to see there will probably be the same loading screen issues as in the first game, especially in the later stages of the game. I'm on a SSD and it's not horrible yet, but then I'm not deep into the game either.

One thing you can check out is the Player.log file. On my end this can turn into a BEAST. After a long session I noticed it was 800 MB (see here). Maybe it doesn't matter for loading screens, but when it gets so huge the game does get a little sluggish. Don't know where it is on Windows systems, but on Linux it's in

/.config/unity3d/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity II

If it's very big -- delete it. It's just a log file.

I've noticed than when you return to an area you've been before, the game doesn't go to a "loading screen", it loads it almost immediately. Suppose this is the new Stream-load 9000 device they're using. Except freaking Neketaka. There you get to load everything again and again and. it. takes. looooooooooooooooooooooooong... Why is that? :(