Not gaining any party reputation/relationship points

Brightstream

Question

My main character does not appear to be gaining any reputation points with party members at all.

On multiple occasions, with several different companions, I've had the prompt appear indicating that someone approved of what I just said but yet when I check the reputation page on my character sheet it states I have zero points and not a single "quadrant" around their portraits are filled.

On the other hand, when a companion approves of another companion's actions they appear to be gaining points and "quadrants" with each other. Edér and Xoti reached a full 1 point after their first interaction.

I've only left Port Maje recently and had a chat with everyone on my ship so it's relatively early in the game but that's why I want to know whether my game is working or not before proceeding any further.

5 answers to this question

I seem to be having the exact same issue. I'm in Port Majve and while Eder has a 2 in relationship with Xoti. Both Xoti and my character are still at 0 with other characters. I've had several pop ups in dialogue aswell both no changes.

Also having the same problem,  I have gained no reputation after a specified point in the game (not sure where that point is exactly).  Eder, xoti, serefen, aloth all have a positive reputation of 2, but no other companions have gained anything.  I believe it started once I chose to be in a relationship with Xoti.

***update***  I have been playing more and monitoring my reputation.  I noticed that actually I am not gaining any reputation of any kind, faction included.

Edited by jtl123

Most of them won't trigger + until after you leave there, which is a good thing really as it's the intro area, although it would have made sense for characters from P1 to have an opinion of you at the outset based on your interactions in that game. Why have characters your Watcher already knows if they treat you like someone they only just met and are significantly harder to get + rep with even when your history with them is exclusively positive?

Aloth can more or less hate you in Deadfire just for cracking jokes irresepctive of your relationship with him in the first game, making him come across as incredibly superficial, and he in particular won't shift from 0 until after you've done his quest unless you make very specific convo choices and responses to others it seems. In my current playthrough, I've reloaded every time he disapproved and he's still at 0 *shrug* (I'm about half way through the game). I've even had one character where Aloth gave them his "I dun like u buddy" speech almost as soon as he was recruited, when the rep was at 0 and he had only given one negative reaction, and his talk is apparently always about how you are too tradtional even when it makes no sense for him to say that, and he himself is fawning over companions doing stuff out of "duty" (which is pretty similar to tradition and overlaps sometimes, i.e. when it's religiously or nationalistically motivated), irrespective of whether it's actually a sensible approach. Maia, Xoti and Pallegina will get + from him for doing their respective religious / national "duties", whereas Tekehu will get sneers from him for wanting to protect his culture. He'll say he doesn't trust the RDC, but admire someone who mindlessly does their bidding. So basically, you can be his bestie in P1, but in Deadfire he'll hate you for random stuff you say to other companions, while loving people he only just met because they are doing something someone told them to (or in Xoti's case what they think they are supposed to do), and despising others for arguably similar and arguably more justified behaviour/judging them for their superficial traits while ignoring their deeper beliefs.

nvAeseu.png

Hi guys, I have just started a game on POTD and I’m currently level 2 in Port Maje. There are no blue lines showing up on any of my dispositions to show points I have received even though I have been using certain disposition responses in conversations (2/3 passionate responses at this stage). Is this a bug and requires a fix or is it something to do with it being the early stages of the game?