Any builds on assasin/devoted out there? I like the passive synergies, but I am not sure where to focus abilities to get the most out of this combo

Are there ideal fighter actives to use along with rogue escape/stealth?

The best multiclass option in my opinion is Bleak Walker Paladin. As most bonus damage is now only additive, Flames of Devotion having essentially 40% multiplicative damage increase (50% with Eternal Devotion upgrade) is just huge. Also compared to many other melee attack abilities, it is Fire keyworded ability, which means it benefits from all Fire gear like Ring of Focused Flame, +Fire Power Level pet etc.. Most importantly, if one chooses to use two-handed weapons, the already ridiculously OP Chromoprismatic Quarterstaff is just nuts on this character, as Bleak Walker Flames of Devotion is tagged BOTH Fire and Acid, so the upgraded staff gives +4 to it's skill level, on top of obviously being the best two-handed weapon in the game hands down. Also paladins naturally have VERY high Defenses (my lvl 13 solo character with inadequate gear has 157 Reflex). Last but not least, Bleak Walker nicely complements the Assassin RP wise.

Interesting find. I did try out the +Fire keyword but it didn't bring that much damage to be honest. At least looking at the combat log.

Are you sure that this beats double sabre or sword? I mean, the alpha damage probably does, but the recovery must be a pain in comparison.

tsgUO.gif

Too bad DoT is bugged and breaks invisibility, so many weapons and abilities must be avoided because of that. For future reference - there is a crazy good weapon for assassin you can take from Rust...the assassin. Attack him in Delver's Row and the chase after him in the Narrows.

Are you sure that this beats double sabre or sword? I mean, the alpha damage probably does, but the recovery must be a pain in comparison.

Absolutely beats double sabre or sword for a single hit, probably not for DPS. Think is, for my solo PotD playthrough, I don't care about DPS, only single hits as those are what I ever do, either from Stealth or Invisibility.

• 3 weeks later...

I think with new PoTD asassin is not really useful. You only have a few backstabs, and enemies are numerous and tough. On higher levels it might be better, but as I played through levels 1-12, fights are simply too long to waste ability points on extra damage once or twice. It's much better to run something like fighter/basic rogue and use gouging strike on everything and just auto-attack. You may think "well I'ma gonna remove that 1 important dude and win the fight". But there are now 2-3 important dudes usually, and really, if the mob is really hard, you're not going to remove it by your single asassin, it's not IE game. You can still use backstab sometimes, but running a build for that is not necessary. It's a lot better to focus on straight fighting and damage, and survivability instead.

Edited by Shadenuat