Ok, so it seems that some companions starting armor are upgradable, like Eder' or Aloth', and some are not, like Xoti and Serafen.

It really bothers me for some reason. I mean, I think that it was a great idea to limit upgrades on weapons and armors, it adds much more impact on getting unique gear, but those armors fit so well into companions' concept and look so good. I would really love if you could upgrade ALL your companions' starting armor, not just selected few.

Anyone thinks the same way?

Edited by Not Hypebringer
  • Like 1

If there wouldn't have been those silly complaints about enchanting from PoE it would be possible. Now it's not and I am gloating bit and say with Nelson's voice: "Haaa-haaa!". ;)

• Like 2

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

If there wouldn't have been those silly complaints about enchanting from PoE it would be possible. Now it's not and I am gloating bit and say with Nelson's voice: "Haaa-haaa!". ;)

People complained about it?

What absolute plonkers!

I loved being able to enchant even the flimsiest of items into something worthwhile! I only wish you could've renamed the items as well.

Yep. People complained that you could enchant your starting weapons to be just as good as late game uniques, which is nonsense and suggests to me they didn't play long enough to get any late game uniques.

That said I like the new enchantment system with its more unique enchantments, I just wish they were applicable to more items.

• Like 2

I'm fine with what they did for PoE, also fine with what they did for PoE2, but my personal preference for unique armor/weapons is always I want them to be unique in terms of looks, but not stats. Because there are moments in most RPG games when I want my party to basically wear a uniform and look like some kind of military unit e.g. a group of knights.

• Like 1