Why don’t you use the mod that lets you cheat without disabling achievements? I did that and it worked no problem.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Sure do.

It comes with a modding framework to boot.

• Like 2

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I've tested it a bit. Good sword for taking care of mobs but you'll want a higher damage alternative to switch to in your second slot for single enemies with higher damage reduction. The parry upgrade is a must have.

For that I have soul annihilation. Eat that raw damage!

Gotta say. Sword is a bit underwelming on pod. I think it might be a great weapon for non barbarians early on.. But the lesser penetration means even though you are hitting a bunch if guys.. Its not doing much more then a one handed sword would do... Assuming it punches through at all. Id say it might be a worthy solo barbarian blade though. Berserker/bleakwalker. Yould level faster, and tank well enough to tolerate the slower damage

I'm liking the sword, but I'm finding the AOE a bit of pain to deal with. It means I have to be a lot more careful with my positioning, even in low effort encounters or i’ll be doing a lot of damage to my other melee party members. An enchantment to make the AOE foe only would be really nice.

Edited by illathid
  • Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

I'm liking the sword, but I'm finding the AOE a bit of pain to deal with. It means I have to be a lot more careful with my positioning, even in low effort encounters or i’ll be doing a lot of damage to my other melee party members. An enchantment to make the AOE foe only would be really nice.

The AOE is really getting to me. I’ve given the weapon to Pallegina, and I basically have her run off to confront secondary targets while everyone else gangs up on a main target. Otherwise it’s constant friendly fire and plenty of those “one time cute, multiple times annoying” comments from your other party members about “hit me again, I’ll hit you back”.

When used with careful positioning, though, it’s great.

• Like 1

The AOE is really getting to me. I’ve given the weapon to Pallegina, and I basically have her run off to confront secondary targets while everyone else gangs up on a main target. Otherwise it’s constant friendly fire and plenty of those “one time cute, multiple times annoying” comments from your other party members about “hit me again, I’ll hit you back”.

When used with careful positioning, though, it’s great.

Yeah, for big fights where you need to careful manage your whole party it really works great, but when I just want to auto-attack through a bunch of fodder its kinda pain.

Edited by illathid
  • Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Spoilers: I tested out the effects of another similar weapon, the Wahai Poraga, that has incorrect descriptions of its effects. The real effects are:

At blades reach: +8 deflection, -20% incoming melee damage for 2 seconds on attack

Dug in: +2% action speed whenever hit or crit in melee (max +20%)

Also this is not specified, but it can only hit the primary target twice.

Edited by George_Truman

• 2 weeks later...

So, Devoted/Streetfighter, yay or nay?

Devoted/Anything yay. Fighters are just too good atm, so you can't do much wrong. Devoted/Soulblade and Devoted/Berserker (or plain Barb) will probably give you even better dps, and also come with some optional CC - very powerful CC for Ciphers (whisper of treason, mental binding, puppet master, ringleader, mind plague, amplified wave...), light CC for Barb (carnage, shouts, terrifying presence).

Edited by M4xw0lf

Sure do.

It comes with a modding framework to boot.

Can't get the launcher to work properly. Pillars won't load, just a black screen with no audio.

I tried that mod framework.  it uses an injector and it's really hard to use anything else with.

instead, THIS is a much, MUCH better use of the injector:

https://www.nexusmods.com/pillarsofeternity2/mods/2?tab=description&BH=1

that will let you basically mod almost anything in the game, from making custom classes for your companions, to customizing any usable item with whatever effects you want, and does not interfere at all with data based mods (the ones that go in your override folder).

and the author updates it daily.

Edited by Ichthyic

• 1 year later...

Hello,

One year later, what is your advice about those 3 swords, i am really afraid with friendly fire, i got an Battle Axe which have an aoe effect wich each hit, but it is more problematic than helpful because i have two mele companion, and one is already wounded with each hit.
I am more thinking to craft the two swords...
Any idea please ?

Pillars of Eternity PS4 - RPG fan - Native language French, so please forgive my poor English speaking ...