Did you have to console in the fragments?

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

In case anyone is wondering, saving the crate means that the crate shows up next to you on the beach when you wake up. There's some minor loot in there, containing a minor magic item. Basically, I'd argue that the crewmember is a waaay  better choice than some vendor trash.

Argh... I didn't want to import a savegame because I couldn't squeeze in another "proper" PoE playthrough with the character I wanted to play in Deadfire.

Ah well, console then since I don't care for achievements anyway.

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

That is the question isn't it. Certainly at the moment PotD is kinda easy and there are too many obviously overpowered builds, so I can imagine it probably doesn't appeal that much to you.

Hopefully with some balancing and good DLCs it'll appeal more.

What are the chances of them fixing the missing fragments issue for custom histories?

I’d really like to see this reforged merged blade... but I don’t want to disable achievements just to get the Blade of the Endless Paths fragments.

I believe they’re investigating the issue now so hopefully in the next patch.

There’s a modding framework that lets you cheat without disabling achievements, by the way. Josh linked it on Twitter a couple days ago.

I’ll link it when I’m home later if you can’t find it.

• Like 1

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

Here's the GitHub for the modding framework.

It comes with a mod to retain achievements when using IRoll20s.

• Like 2

Can you explain how this sword works? Is that an actual legitimate second attack in the cone AoE? Does it has any penalties? How does it interracts with barbarian carnage?
I thought to go with dual longswords for my Devoted/Berserker, but looks like this is a strong variant too...

Am I missing something with the Whispers greatsword? It has some nice abilities, but it does less damage than my unenchanted greatsword. What the heck is the benefit over reforging the Blade of the Endless Paths?

Edited by Judicator

Am I missing something with the Whispers greatsword? It has some nice abilities, but it does less damage than my unenchanted greatsword. What the heck is the benefit over reforging the Blade of the Endless Paths?

Good question!

Whispers of the Endless Paths looks like it does lower damage, but can do a lot more as it rolls two attacks against its original target - the normal attack plus an AOE (the latter of which can hit other enemies too). A quick field test should demonstrate both the "double hit" on the original target and the AOE.

Hope this helps. :)

• Like 1

Good question!

Whispers of the Endless Paths looks like it does lower damage, but can do a lot more as it rolls two attacks against its original target - the normal attack plus an AOE (the latter of which can hit other enemies too). A quick field test should demonstrate both the "double hit" on the original target and the AOE.

Hope this helps. :)

Ooh, that sounds very nice.

I got the fragments of both blades when I chose the everything bad poe1 outcome.

I see the dreams so marvelously sad

The creeks of land so solid and encrusted

Where wave and tide against the shore is busted

While chanting by the moonlit twilight's bed

trees (of Twin Elms) could use more of Magran's touch © Durance

It actually does more single target damage than any other 2 hander I've found. It has innate +1 pen and don't forget that your primary target gets attacked twice (regular hit + aoe hit). So a displayed 15-25 is really 30-50, but also more consistent because you have 2 rolls.

also, @ dunehunter, I tried that enchant with a high res/low dex crusader and had a lot of fun

Edited by George_Truman