[Quest] Trade Secrets Resolution Broken

spacemanspiff11

Question

I did Trade Secrets out of order, and I don't exactly remember the order.  I believe it was something like this:

Found Dereo, got the quest to get the Conch.

Stumbled onto the Undercroft (I think I namedropped Dereo to get here).

Went down into the Old City from the lift in The Gullet.

Found the other conch.

Went through the old temple, found the NPC there who mentioned that I was on a job for Dereo.

Got the quest to steal luminous adra.

Got the other Conch from Takano.

Turned the Conch quest to Dereo.

Got the Trade Secrets quest from Aruihi.

Showed the medallion to Eskerro.

What happens is that the only option to finish the quest with Aruihi is to Lie.  I don't know hot to trigger the fact that I've seen the smuggling activity and talked with someone (Enoi?) about letting them continue for the sake of the Rotaru.

Save here:

https://www.dropbox.com/s/r6f1bb5ov9ar7mh/Norman%20%28IolfrsRaiments%29%20%2861a037ac-90f1-45e0-9c11-94f3c4ac979a%29%20%28758728726%29.savegame?dl=0

17 answers to this question

Hello all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and appreciate the very detailed notes it makes it easy for us to investigate. Ill get this bugged up in our system.

Best,

-Caleb

• Like 1

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I had taken a circular route to get to the palace, I had already found the black market and watched the smugglers. After the cut scene in the Palace I spoke with Prince Aruihi. He said I could help him for favor or coin but when I answered affirmatively it gave a message that he was disappointed and I can only end the conversation. When I talk to him again I can ask about the jobs, at which point it gives me an option to tell him about the smuggling. If I do so I get the quest and then it completes with xp and money. However if I choose any other option (e.g. let me come back later, or ask questions about the quest) then I get the quest and it completes itself up to the point of saying I should take the information back to the prince. However if I talk to the prince again I only have the option to lie and say I didn't see anything  or coming back later, I no longer can tell him about the smugglers. 

I am having trouble uploading the quicksave I have right before this behavior as it is 2MB large and ziping it doesn't seem to help.

• Like 2

The same thing happened to me. I think there are a lot of factors involved, but basically, if you find the Undercroft before you get the quest to investigate the smugglers, the conversation with the prince regarding the quest Trade Secrets, gets messed up. You can still complete it by lying to him, and if you have Tekehu, he'll tell the truth anyway. The option to tell the truth yourself is missing.

This also kind of suspended the quest Food for Thought. I was able to ask him about the deal and he agreed, but then the quest still behaved as if it hadn't been completed. Not until I had finised Trade Secrets (as above), was I able to once again proceed with Food for Thought. I suspect that the interconnectivity between Trade Secrets and Food for Thought complicates things here.

Apologies to the QA team. This description is probably not as helpful as it could be. :/

Edited by Kindoffer
  • Like 2

I have a slightly different problem.

I found the first conch while exploring underneath Dwelver's Row and the temple with the giant monster thing guarding the sockets to place them in.

Then went to meet Dereo who told me where to find the second one (noble in the Palace district).

Took both conches and opened the hidden door in the Sunken Ruins temple before talking to Dereo again (want to see what they do myself, not turn it over to some crime boss) - which took both conches then sunk underground making them irretrievable.

Dereo's 'Bring me the conch' quest however hasn't failed or been resolved in any way, so it's essentially the end of my interaction with him - I don't know if there's supposed to be any more to his story or follow-up quests, but I suspect so given he merits his own subzone.

I think I'm actually going to take a break for a week until the Tuesday patch, since I seem to be inadvertently doing every quest the 'wrong' way and getting into bugged states everywhere.

Edited by Galadedrid

Yup, I have the same problem. I can only [LIE] to the prince. Which I don't want to... Any ETA when these things are usually fixed?

Should I just leave the quest open for now and wait for a patch before finishing?

• Like 1

Yup, I have the same problem. I can only [LIE] to the prince. Which I don't want to... Any ETA when these things are usually fixed?

Should I just leave the quest open for now and wait for a patch before finishing?

Just got there and exact same thing happened to me. Well, I'll just leave it for now, hope we won't have to wait too long for a fix :)

I've run into the same problem as others. Doing all those quests in the Gullet first before I even met the prince might have messed things up lol. I was at the stage where I'd been given the quest to steal luminous adra. I'd tabled that for a later time, and I've only just met Aruihi and he gave me the quest to investigate the Gullet and pick up Tekehu. The quest journal automatically updated as if I'd found all the necessary information and said that I need to report back to Aruihi. And when I talk to him I only have the option to lie.

I also have the issue where Aruihi is offering me work but I don't seem to have the option accept, and he gets the "crestfallen" reaction when I end the conversation. 

• Like 2

yeah, it was natural to do this quest out of order and now it is broken.

Many people will follow the condemned guy in a cage and try to save him, end up in the old city, then discover the door to the smuggler den. It will put a lot of quests out of order and some break.

• Like 2

Just wanted to add that I too am experiencing this issue after following the guy down the lift into the Old City. So everything was complete by the time I talked to the Prince, and now can't turn it in.

I went into the sewers first thing when I got to Gullet and wound up in Delver's Row and getting to the Smuggler area before I did anything in that area, much less meet the prince. By the time I met the prince I already could have spilled the beans, but I wanted to finish helping out mad morena and some other folks so I went and did more stuff before coming back to the Prince. Now I gotta lie and take a Huana hit, plus shady characteristic.

I have the same problem. I have done the Cornetts call mission as well, and but not yet talked to the pirate captain. Was hoping I could give the info to the Huana. But yeah, like above, I cant do anything but lie to the Huana prince when I really want to tell him about the smuggling operation. Hoping this will be fixed in a patch soon. Will wait then to hand in these missions untill I hear something from you mods.

Hello all,

Thank you for bringing this to our attention, and appreciate the very detailed notes it makes it easy for us to investigate. Ill get this bugged up in our system.

Best,

-Caleb

Thanks for looking into this Caleb. Please take into consideration when you come to de-bugging this that a huge amount of us will have used one of the workarounds posted here in the forum.

Personally I used the sparkcrackers and sneak method (worked perfectly!) which has resulted to Morena and the whole room hostile, although I was able to progress with the quest. I'm not sure how it works from the development end but bear in mind different methods might have produced different results. For instance I think there's one that uses the wizard spell that swaps positions with an enemy (?) to get in close enough. 

Because it's a quest you'll come to relatively early in the game (first district in the 'hub' location, it'd be a huge shame if the fix addressed how you access the quest so we all have to revert to early saves and essentially go back and start over. 

Again, thanks for looking into this and hope we can see a quick-fix without too much bother soon.

I had killed Dereo and Ernezzo but received the secrets of Delvers Row from the Spindle Man. When I go back to the Prince, i am just given the option to report back later.

Edit: was able to complete quest after clearing the Underlook.

Edited by Harpy