So... How do they work?

You earn point by achievements and their spend them to get bonuses in next playthroughs, right? But there is limited number of achievements and limited number of points. Do you lose points on account on using Berath Blessings, or are they only limit to how many bonuses can one PC obtain? Is there any other way to obtain Blessings other than making achievements?

I’ve made like 3 new characters so I learned what they did.

Each achievement increases the max amount of points you can spend at the start of a new game. You don’t lose them upon spending them, it just determines how many points are available to you at the start of each playthrough

• Like 1

I have taken all the easy achievements and a few others to experiment with it. My conclusion is the boring one. I think that it's individual preference what to pick. Personally I don't ever pick stuff, you'll get anyways like lvl 4 from start, fine equipment, the sail or gold. I find the +2 to all attributes insanely strong, double class skill bonuses great, and I like the vendor with unique items in the first port.

Edited by TheisEjsing
  • Like 2

I have taken all the easy achievements and a few others to experiment with it. My conclusion is the boring one. I thinkis that it's individual preference what to pick. Personally I don't ever pick stuff, you'll get anyways like lvl 4 from start, fine equipment, the sail or gold. I find the +2 to all attributes insanely strong, double class skill bonuses great, and I like the vendor with unique items in the first port.

The +attribute bonus is amazing. I want to try to earn enough to get that one by the time the import bugs are fixed, so I can use it on my imported character.

Edited by KaiG
  • Like 1

I have taken all the easy achievements and a few others to experiment with it. My conclusion is the boring one. I thinkis that it's individual preference what to pick. Personally I don't ever pick stuff, you'll get anyways like lvl 4 from start, fine equipment, the sail or gold. I find the +2 to all attributes insanely strong, double class skill bonuses great, and I like the vendor with unique items in the first port.

The +attribute bonus is amazing. I want to try to earn enough to get that one by the time the import bugs are fixed, so I can use it on my imported character.

Same. I'm just achievement hunting until they hammer out the bugs.

It's completely insane. permanent +12 attributes, spread around? Ugh, even if you dump resolve or something and ignore con, that's still +8 to offensive stats. Had I known about this beforehand, I would have almost just done a quick <10 hour run to get the 15 points (maybe 18 for the extra skill points) and started my "completionist" character.

That's exactly what I did Clerith. You can get them faster, like in 5 hours probably, I didn't even farm them and I had like 20 points after 10 hours. Then I swapped because I wanted to test how it works and now I'm playing my blessed character only.

That's OK I guess, it wasn't supposed to be balanced or anything, more like power fantasy mode. You don't have to use it, just as you don't have to play Story mode.

• Like 1

It's completely insane. permanent +12 attributes, spread around? Ugh, even if you dump resolve or something and ignore con, that's still +8 to offensive stats. Had I known about this beforehand, I would have almost just done a quick <10 hour run to get the 15 points (maybe 18 for the extra skill points) and started my "completionist" character.

I think there's some satisfaction to be derived from completing the game without these bonuses, especially the first time around, when you can't meta-game every encounter. But to each their own I guess.

• Like 2

So, I haven't fully tested this yet, but I think that the Berath score is stored in the "global.achievements" file under "C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II\Achievements\" path, and more points can be unlocked simply by replacing it with a more powerful one.

I'm attaching my own file (25 points obtained quickly through some combination of gameplay and cheats) if someone wants to give it a try (make sure to backup your original file just in case!). Or if someone could upload a stronger one I can do it myself ;)

poe2achi.zip

• Like 1

Subbing.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm curious, does the vendor sell items that are otherwise unavailable or not?

No, they are all items that are otherwise available. Still, they are incredibly good - especially the cloak of deflection/protection that go for 775 each, and the 3000 gold gloves that gives wizards a +2 PL boost to evocation spells (that's an extra projectile on all missile spells in addition to the damage bonus of missile spells)

• Like 1

I like how it works, and hope they add more options in the future :) I unlocked quite a bit now but still got more to do before I'm maxed out, I'm an achievement hunter so this is excellent for me, and rewarding.

And for those of you who use the console, well, you can do the same thing with the console so you're not missing out. It's just a fun thing to hunt after for completionists :)

So, I haven't fully tested this yet, but I think that the Berath score is stored in the "global.achievements" file under "C:\Users\[username]\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II\Achievements\" path, and more points can be unlocked simply by replacing it with a more powerful one.

I'm attaching my own file (25 points obtained quickly through some combination of gameplay and cheats) if someone wants to give it a try (make sure to backup your original file just in case!). Or if someone could upload a stronger one I can do it myself ;)

attachicon.gifpoe2achi.zip

Tried your file, it worked.

Okay, how does this work? I started a new character to test it out and I didn't get any options to spend these points. Can someone explain?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

What was the answer?  I made a new character last night, and I saw the Blessings of Berath points on the screen when I was choosing difficulty level, but I didn't see an option to spend the points (I remember clicking on the name to see what would happen).  Do you only get to spend them during character creation?

Okay, how does this work? I started a new character to test it out and I didn't get any options to spend these points. Can someone explain?

Edit: Never mind, found it.

What was the answer?  I made a new character last night, and I saw the Blessings of Berath points on the screen when I was choosing difficulty level, but I didn't see an option to spend the points (I remember clicking on the name to see what would happen).  Do you only get to spend them during character creation?

Click on the little sphere on that screen and it opens a selection window.

• Like 1