Player character is always at the front of the party during ship battles.

evcastello@gmail.com

Question

Description:

When starting a naval battle, the player character is always at the front. This is utterly game-breaking for some builds on PotD, and inconsequential on others. I've had to start a new play-through. 

Steps to Reproduce the Issue:

Play a character, rearrange the party formation, then start a naval battle. How you set it up has no impact on how you load into the battle.

Savegame:

Can't attach, on a completely unrelated note, my save games just corrupted. Maybe because I have two characters with the same name? Not sure, gave up on that play-through anyways.

Sytem Specs:

Not related to the party formation issue.

Screenshots:

Can't load into it any more. But it's simple, MainChar, is in the front, should be in the back. Every time, no matter how I move them around. 

• Like 1

8 answers to this question

In the previous game you could rearrange your party order, not the formation but the order on the pictures, and cut scenes that forced stuff like that would put the people in the farthest left spots closest to danger.

In this game, I think it's supposed to do that but it resets that part of the UI ALL THE TIME, so it doesn't help.

In the previous game you could rearrange your party order, not the formation but the order on the pictures, and cut scenes that forced stuff like that would put the people in the farthest left spots closest to danger.

In this game, I think it's supposed to do that but it resets that part of the UI ALL THE TIME, so it doesn't help.

Right, you still can. (Though not on the boat) But it doesn't matter, because it ignores it anyways when you board. It just makes up it's own order, with the PC at the front to die.

I can't believe this made it out of playtesting, it makes playing any non-melee immensely harder.

• Like 1

Yea, and if you got a relatively squishy main character he gets nuked immediately. Happened to me when I boarded too.

Same here. Have a not-that-squishy character (Cipher), but he ended up at the front row and targetted by everybody and their cat. A volley or two later and he was dead despite trying to fire off second wind (think he may have died before getting it off, but wouldn't have mattered much anyway).

I have also noticed that sometimes the character sequencing in the UI is wrong, which causes the formation to get way off too. For instance that Eder is listed last instead of 2nd.

Yea, and if you got a relatively squishy main character he gets nuked immediately. Happened to me when I boarded too.

Same here. Have a not-that-squishy character (Cipher), but he ended up at the front row and targetted by everybody and their cat. A volley or two later and he was dead despite trying to fire off second wind (think he may have died before getting it off, but wouldn't have mattered much anyway).

I have also noticed that sometimes the character sequencing in the UI is wrong, which causes the formation to get way off too. For instance that Eder is listed last instead of 2nd.

Same, I didn't mention it, but my Eder also moves to the end some times, not sure why.

Also, thanks for the update Cdiaz, I can't wait to continue my Wizard playthrough.

Yeah I'm getting this too. It is incredibly annoying and it leads to me getting nuked to death on my wizard as soon as most fights with ranged or quick enemies begins, considering equipping him in heavier armor and a medium shield but it sucks having to do that because my formations are being ignored for combat encounters. Rearranging the portraits at the bottom helps, but that gets constantly reset to a the MC being placed first and having to rearrange that and/or fix formations afterwards is a pain. 

Seems to happen when you enter combat from the map when entering a site too.

How my formation is supposed to look vs how it looks after entering combat from the map https://imgur.com/a/0mG9duf

Edited by Artificer

yeah, until/if this gets fixed, i can't play anymore unless i reroll the main pc to be a tank -- then, ill have to hire a merc to play the class i really want.

everyone in playtesting must have rolled fighters, barbs, and pallies i supppose.