Failed to recruit Serafen despite him saying he was coming aboard

grukthar

Question

I did the interaction with serafen yesterday where he finds the fort that ‘Ben’ is hiding. He made the comment about onions and Aloth said “he’s not bunking near me” he never appeared to actually join and I kept on thinking I’d get him later. After looking it up online it looks like he was supposed to come aboard and just bugged out?

Is there anything I can do a couple hours later in the game?

7 answers to this question

Hey guys,

Would you be able to provide saves with the issue that occurs? To make sure I understand correctly, he is not being recruited as soon as he is encountered, or is it a later point in the game?

Thanks,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I'm not sure I have a save in the broken state anymore. It was my wife who then redid about an hours worth of stuff to get back to that point.

From my understanding, she did the line on 1. which was Welcome Aboard, Serafen or something. She questioned him about why he was joining first. Aloth makes a comment, and then I guess no popup happened for picking a class. She continued on for 20 or so minutes (enough to lose the autosave right before the choice) until I realized he never joined and was not available to be added to the party at the inn either.

When redoing it, she tried to recreate the same decisions and got the popup to select his class.

This was with an imported save from around the time White March 1 came out, but I can't imagine much is different about that encounter. I imported as well (from whatever the latest build is) and did not encounter this issue in my game.

Had the same issue, but without Aloth. I do not have the save anymore. I do remember that if I directly allowed him to come aboard it was fine. However, if I got to question him first and than changed my mind to have him onboard he did not join. 

It happened with an imported save with only Eder as extra member (never saw Aloth (I assume as I did not recruit him in PoE1)).