Pallegina

Dopsim

Question

So in PoE 1  Pallegina  ended up as a Kind Wayfarer. But now i see her at Neketaka and she says she working on ships to get by and be among her people... No word about her joining another Order or leaving the republic 
I just wanna  know - is it another Save transfer bug or this is what Kind Wayfarer Pallegina actually dose? Cause i think this is another bug. I am paranoid now. Cause she is acting like i didn't do her quest 

Edited by Dopsim
  • Like 4

Can't wait for save importing to be fixed just to find out that Edér behaves exactly the same regardless of his ending too. And Aloth. Pallegina really sucks in this game anyway. She was underwritten in Pillars 1 but I had high hopes for her here. Instead it's like she had all the parts of her brain not responsible for being angry scooped out of her skull.

Edited by The Sharmat

There seem to be other bugs with Pallegina in Player conversation with Xoti. For example the conversation advancing her quest line to remove the souls from the lantern has 2 dutiful checkpoints but neither works for Pallegina only Aloth notes it. Another thing is 1 conversation before that gave 1 negative from Pallegina to Xoti instantly setting her to -1, even with the 2 missing points the lantern conservation still gave 3 more positive and 1 negative point and Xoti was still at -1 reputation for Pallegina.

The whole system feels obscure and riddled with bugs right now, which honestly feels extremely frustrating to the point I don't want to use both of them together as the chance they will hate each other is ridiculous high with how much Xoti talks about Gaun and the possibility that characters may not be credited points towards another character even if they say something they like/dislike.

Can't wait for save importing to be fixed just to find out that Edér behaves exactly the same regardless of his ending too. And Aloth. Pallegina really sucks in this game anyway. She was underwritten in Pillars 1 but I had high hopes for her here. Instead it's like she had all the parts of her brain not responsible for being angry scooped out of her skull.

To be fair so far every companion feels underwriten. I don’t think you can learn anything about Eder from Deadfire alone. That said, I am in the progress of companion story progression and they open up a bit as we go on. They really feel like guys that tag alone this time around, and comment here and there as we travel.

Many of them just feel so off. Maia, ignoring Kana’s existence beyond one or two lines, Pallegina not having reason to be in Deadfire, and management forgetting that she was banished, and yet suggesting her to travel with you, and then she just joins you like nothing has happened. Eder just... is there.

I really hope for a sharp turn. It doesn’t seem like they got much attention at all, which, following Josh’s tweets during the development, is not the case. Maybe it will come together in the end as it did in PoE. Maybe it will be revealed that Eotha’s fed your companions aphrodisiacs to distract you from chasing him.

• Like 1

There seem to be other bugs with Pallegina in Player conversation with Xoti. For example the conversation advancing her quest line to remove the souls from the lantern has 2 dutiful checkpoints but neither works for Pallegina only Aloth notes it. Another thing is 1 conversation before that gave 1 negative from Pallegina to Xoti instantly setting her to -1, even with the 2 missing points the lantern conservation still gave 3 more positive and 1 negative point and Xoti was still at -1 reputation for Pallegina.

I think that not all reactions are made equal. Some events/lines will greatly increase/decrease ones opinion, while others seem to have little if not no effect. I wish it would be communicated better.

I really hope we're missing something here, because retconning Pallegina joining the kind wayfarers, means they retconned one of the most common outcomes for Pallegina according to that poll they did. It's ridiculous.

EDIT: just checked the return to Caed Nua poll results: 77.75% of players had Pallegina disobey her orders, and 21.13% distributed the hollowborn souls' essence across the Dyrwood. So even if every single player among that 21% had Pallegina disobey her orders, and leaving some statistic insignificance, that still means they retconned Pallegina's fate FOR ABOUT 50% OF THE POE1 PLAYERS.

So, um, no offense, but what the hell Josh? Is there a chance to at least get some reference to her temporarily joining the wayfarers, or something else that makes the ending me and hundreds of other players got not completely irrelevant?

Edited by Taevyr

I get being mad but really you should have expected this after every single other game that has ever done save importing.

My main concern is that the Kind Wayfarer ending is turning out the exact same in Deadfire as if you never completed her quest. It doesn't necessarily need it's own unique take on Pallegina, but at least let it differ enough from those that never bothered with her quest in POE1. Have her still be at the docks in Neketaka. Let her reason for being there having to do with Kind Wayfarer work (that she went for because it allowed her to be around her people,) instead of being a disgruntled ship guard. Let her refuse to join your party still (perhaps not wanting to get caught up with things again), until later on after the Queen, where the Vailian Trading Company is wanting to throw her another bone. She can even keep her Brotherhood class set since she originally was one, and is back to working for the Republics again. 

I would just like to see at least some acknowledgement for what I did in POE1. To have it lumped together with those that never finished her class quest is what's mainly gnawing at me now. 

Can't wait for save importing to be fixed just to find out that Edér behaves exactly the same regardless of his ending too. And Aloth. Pallegina really sucks in this game anyway. She was underwritten in Pillars 1 but I had high hopes for her here. Instead it's like she had all the parts of her brain not responsible for being angry scooped out of her skull.

Well in my PoE1 playthrough he went on to become mayor and I only started playing after the beta hotfix came out.. At the very least things seem to be in order there, I'm pretty happy with my Edér :) 

Granted it's been a loonnggg time since I played the original campaign and I played it while seriously unwell so it's all a bit fuzzy, so I can't exactly confirm the details (I've run into characters I have zero recollection of from the first campaign :p) but the ending part fits! :p

I bet he has exactly the same attitudes and opinions as all the other Edér's.

I actually made a thread asking if his reputations were a bug. My import didn't carry over correctly, and my Mayor Eder had turned into Night Market Eder. After using a fix to get the correct version of him, I noticed his reputations hadn't changed at all. I found that odd with regard to his stance on Eothas, as I assumed the Mayor version wouldn't be all chummy with him and his followers after the events of the first game.

I never got a response to my thread, and it appears his reputation on Eothas stays the same regardless. It's just odd watching him give approval to Xoti about Eothas related things while having the Mayor version, and especially after what Eothas did at the start of the game. But at one point he did pull me aside to express concern about how he didn't like how wrapped up Xoti was in her faith, and that he couldn't respect her. But he says this after approving of other things she had said about her faith, so maybe that's still broken on some level.  :ermm:

I actually made a thread asking if his reputations were a bug. My import didn't carry over correctly, and my Mayor Eder had turned into Night Market Eder. After using a fix to get the correct version of him, I noticed his reputations hadn't changed at all. I found that odd with regard to his stance on Eothas, as I assumed the Mayor version wouldn't be all chummy with him and his followers after the events of the first game.

I never got a response to my thread, and it appears his reputation on Eothas stays the same regardless. It's just odd watching him give approval to Xoti about Eothas related things while having the Mayor version, and especially after what Eothas did at the start of the game. But at one point he did pull me aside to express concern about how he didn't like how wrapped up Xoti was in her faith, and that he couldn't respect her. But he says this after approving of other things she had said about her faith, so maybe that's still broken on some level.  :ermm:

I'm a bit conflicted on that.  I've had some conversations with him that make it sound like despite everything that happened he kept wanting to believe and obviously Eothas rocking up and doing his best Proclaimers impersonation could provide the fuel for him to pretend the things he'd seen didn't mean what they did. 

There even seemed to be a conversation pointing directly at that last part.  I guess one argument could be made that he's pro pro-Eothasians and anti anti-Eothasians (please tell me I'm not the only one that hates them being phrased like that :p) for defensive reasons more than anything else, that he doesn't want his already tenuous grip on his faith shaken anymore than it already has been.

Still you're right in that it does seem a bit odd, (I have the same ending and the same traits obviously).  It's possible the traits are hardcoded and can't be altered based on background.  That would explain Edér having anti/pro leaden key traits while Aloth has none since there's no possible way to line those up with his main ending choices.

Edited by Chaoticlusts

I'm a bit conflicted on that.  I've had some conversations with him that make it sound like despite everything that happened he kept wanting to believe and obviously Eothas rocking up and doing his best Proclaimers impersonation could provide the fuel for him to pretend the things he'd seen didn't mean what they did. 

There even seemed to be a conversation pointing directly at that last part.  I guess one argument could be made that he's pro pro-Eothasians and anti anti-Eothasians (please tell me I'm not the only one that hates them being phrased like that :p) for defensive reasons more than anything else, that he doesn't want his already tenuous grip on his faith shaken anymore than it already has been.

Still you're right in that it does seem a bit odd, (I have the same ending and the same traits obviously).  It's possible the traits are hardcoded and can't be altered based on background.  That would explain Edér having anti/pro leaden key traits while Aloth has none since there's no possible way to line those up with his main ending choices.

That's a good point. I remember an early conversation with him along the lines of remembering Eothas as he had been in Eder's youth, compared to how he is now. Like he still wants to believe in that version of him, compared to everything that's been going on with him now. On the reputation wheel alone, I think it's hard to express that doubt. You're either for or against something. There isn't an option for in between. But my conversations seem to be bugged to some extent, so hopefully once that's all taken care of I can get the full picture.  :thumbsup:

Edited by Seidhe

One thing I did just notice is her breastplate at least covers the correct outcome, not sure what breastplate you'd get if you didn't do her quest but mine says she went against their orders by inventing a new trade agreement.  So maaybbee there's some dialog further down the track that varies between the two outcomes?

*edit* Just for clarity I am playing with the beta hotfix and applied it before starting my campaign which maybe why my version of her has the correct armour while others seem to have gotten the wrong one

Edited by Chaoticlusts

One thing I did just notice is her breastplate at least covers the correct outcome, not sure what breastplate you'd get if you didn't do her quest but mine says she went against their orders by inventing a new trade agreement.  So maaybbee there's some dialog further down the track that varies between the two outcomes?

*edit* Just for clarity I am playing with the beta hotfix and applied it before starting my campaign which maybe why my version of her has the correct armour while others seem to have gotten the wrong one

I'm glad you brought that up. I actually forgot about her breastplate having additional story info. I haven't used the beta hotfix, but my breastplate does have the correct information about the alternate trade deal being made to help the Dyrwood, and how she was banished for doing so. That makes me feel better to see that the game acknowledges that I did go that route with Pallegina in POE1. For whatever reason the Kind Wayfarer part seems to still have been omitted, but at least I know she's behaving towards my Watcher in a such a way that reflects the trade choice we made. 

Greetings all,

Sorry for the late reply. Pallegina should now be correct for her Pillars one histories in patch 1.1

Thanks,

-Caleb

Does it mean she can be Kind Wayfarer in Deadfire, or nah, like Josh said?