Pallegina

Dopsim

Question

So in PoE 1  Pallegina  ended up as a Kind Wayfarer. But now i see her at Neketaka and she says she working on ships to get by and be among her people... No word about her joining another Order or leaving the republic 
I just wanna  know - is it another Save transfer bug or this is what Kind Wayfarer Pallegina actually dose? Cause i think this is another bug. I am paranoid now. Cause she is acting like i didn't do her quest 

Edited by Dopsim
  • Like 4

Yes it definitely broken. I recruited her and she told me i didnt finish her quest. So another Transferred Save problem. Cant upload my save here cause of forum file size restriction 

Edited by Dopsim

At this point it's probably best to wait for the hotfix that fixes the mess of save importing if it's extremely important to you, unfortunately it might not come until next week. I have to wait too

Also in the same save Xoti can go insane wich hatred for Pallegina after her ONE comment about the gods. She immediately go HER OR ME.
I hope this is a bug and not intended. i hope. But to be fair it kinda funny if it is working as intended

Just ask Pallegina about Eothas and watch Xoti go berserk. 

Edited by Dopsim
  • Like 3

Having the same issue. Ending slide of PoE had her joining Kind Wayfarers, but in Deadfire her subclass is still Brotherhood, despite in-game status having her kicked out and her character model armor scuffed and scratched out. Though her portrait shows her armor intact. 

I had very same issue. She joined an order at the end PoE1, but she acts now as she does not belong to anyone. 

This saddens me as my Darcossi Paladini was more benevolent and passionate (along side clever). Even if I regretted doing it when I saw the end, she at least had a 'home' of sorts... This really bites into the feeling the story is not continuos.

I guess I will get some other PoE1 lives to end and hope this will soon be fixed.

So Pallegina does in fact join your party even if she mentions being banished? Because I also had the Kind Wayfarers ending, and she refused to join my party after I spoke with her. She seemed angry and upset, and outside of an initial "sorry that happened to you," my remaining responses available were variants of "maybe she should have followed orders" and then her cutting me off as I try to tell her "it'll be different this time" before she walks away. It gave me the impression this is how she would have behaved if I hadn't finished her quest at all. 

I can't tell if anything from the above is a bug, and it's incorrectly giving me the "never finished her quest" version of Pallegina, or if that's just what you get if you had her be a Kind Wayfarer (which is really disappointing if so.)

So Pallegina does in fact join your party even if she mentions being banished? Because I also had the Kind Wayfarers ending, and she refused to join my party after I spoke with her. She seemed angry and upset, and outside of an initial "sorry that happened to you," my remaining responses available were variants of "maybe she should have followed orders" and then her cutting me off as I try to tell her "it'll be different this time" before she walks away. It gave me the impression this is how she would have behaved if I hadn't finished her quest at all. 

I can't tell if anything from the above is a bug, and it's incorrectly giving me the "never finished her quest" version of Pallegina, or if that's just what you get if you had her be a Kind Wayfarer (which is really disappointing if so.)

Seems they melted the two outcomes (not finishing, letting her disobey) together as 'you made her fail, you bastard'

Seems they melted the two outcomes (not finishing, letting her disobey) together as 'you made her fail, you bastard'

Well that sucks. :( In that case I guess that means she won't join your party if you had the Kind Wayfarer ending? I know there's two variants of having her disobey. The other version being if you chose to strengthen the Dyrwood with the souls at the end. It said she was banished and then eventually pardoned in that ending, so at the very least it makes sense about her being upset about being banished but still in the brotherhood. 

It just seems odd to me that they would do that about the Kind Wayfarer ending. it's awful that she was banished from her brotherhood (and home I assume,) but she did what she thought was right by trying to help the people of the Dyrwood. Despite all of that, she was still able to find a home within the Kind Wayfarers, and continue to help those in need. I found that to be a noble ending for her. 

But to run into her now in Deadfire, and she's just this disgruntled dock guard, that's a shell of who she once was, who refuses to help the Watcher with this catastrophic event is just..  ;(

• Like 1

Well that sucks. :( In that case I guess that means she won't join your party if you had the Kind Wayfarer ending? I know there's two variants of having her disobey. The other version being if you chose to strengthen the Dyrwood with the souls at the end. It said she was banished and then eventually pardoned in that ending, so at the very least it makes sense about her being upset about being banished but still in the brotherhood.

It just seems odd to me that they would do that about the Kind Wayfarer ending. it's awful that she was banished from her brotherhood (and home I assume,) but she did what she thought was right by trying to help the people of the Dyrwood. Despite all of that, she was still able to find a home within the Kind Wayfarers, and continue to help those in need. I found that to be a noble ending for her.

But to run into her now in Deadfire, and she's just this disgruntled dock guard, that's a shell of who she once was, who refuses to help the Watcher with this catastrophic event is just.. ;(

She'll still follow you, once you've met with the Queen.

She just needed to vent some complicated emotions.

Edited by Yenkaz

But to run into her now in Deadfire, and she's just this disgruntled dock guard, that's a shell of who she once was, who refuses to help the Watcher with this catastrophic event is just.. ;(

She'll still follow you, once you've met with the Queen.

She just needed to vent some complicated emotions.

Thank you for all of the responses, Yenkaz! You've been a big help with trying to sort all of this out. 

Pallegina has three basic endings in PoE1:

1)Doesn't finish the quest, ends up a disgraced guard for hire

2)Exiled, becomes a Kind Wayfarer

3)Remains in the Vailian Republic as a Five Suns paladin.

In PoE2 I've encountered disgraced guard Pallegina and Five Suns Pallegina, but have observed no comment, allusion, of mention of Pallegina ever being a Kind Wayer paladin anywhere. Has the disgraced guard/Kind Wayer endings been condensed/retcon into the Pallegina guarding the docks, or is their another import save bug ala Eder and Vela? Any clarification would be great.

Pallegina has three basic endings in PoE1:

1)Doesn't finish the quest, ends up a disgraced guard for hire

2)Exiled, becomes a Kind Wayfarer

3)Remains in the Vailian Republic as a Five Suns paladin.

In PoE2 I've encountered disgraced guard Pallegina and Five Suns Pallegina, but have observed no comment, allusion, of mention of Pallegina ever being a Kind Wayer paladin anywhere. Has the disgraced guard/Kind Wayer endings been condensed/retcon into the Pallegina guarding the docks, or is their another import save bug ala Eder and Vela? Any clarification would be great.

From what I gathered from Yenkaz, they seem to have reconned her being in the Kind Wayfarers, and lumped together getting that particular ending with the "never finishing her quest" ending. It's possible it's another import bug, but I have yet to see anyone on here comment about having the Kind Wayfarer version of her appear in game. :(

Also in the same save Xoti can go insane wich hatred for Pallegina after her ONE comment about the gods. She immediately go HER OR ME.

I hope this is a bug and not intended. i hope. But to be fair it kinda funny if it is working as intended

Just ask Pallegina about Eothas and watch Xoti go berserk. 

Yup! Reactions seem to be really easy to go trigger. At the start of the game I did one thing Eder disliked (stole from Eothesian priests during first scripted interaction) and we had serious talk about me being damaged by all the fighting and if he should follow me. Same with romances. Do one thing your companions like and they already want a piece of you. I like the idea, but it really doesn't work right now...

• Like 1

So after finally recruiting Pallegina and speaking with her, I can see how her comments about not finishing her mission can also be used to cover the Kind Wayfarer ending. Since we disobeyed her orders from her superiors (by not doing the deal they had wanted,) it's true that we didn't finish her mission in that sense. She further comments that she knows I had meant well (which makes me think she's implying about how we tried to help the Dyrwood instead.) I can't see her saying that if we had simply not completed her mission at all. But yeah, she only brought up how she had been a guard on various ships when I asked what she had been up to, and nothing about joining the Kind Wayfarers, so there's that. 

Now whether there's some slight dialog change between actually not completing her mission, and what I just got, I have no idea. 

Edited by Seidhe

It does seem like that ending has definitely been retconned out of existence sadly, her dialog is in this file and the opening conversations are basically at the top for those who want to look

\pillarsofeternityII_data\exported\localized\en\text\conversations\companions\companion_pallegina_hub.stringtable  (open with notepad++ or whatever you happen to use for .txt)

There is no mention of Kind Wayfarers and while she does have responses for the various other endings there are only two that go with being exiled, the one mentioned in this thread which says she went on to be a caravan guard (so the never finish her quest ending) and the one where she receives the pardon (so disobey orders but strength the Dyrwooden's) but none the match disobeying while picking one of the other options for the souls (unless I missed one but I'm pretty sure I didn't).

So it does seem to be working as intended I think? It is a bit unfortunate that there's not at least a slightly different conversation for what would have to be the most common ending players picked compared to the least common one though :(

• Like 2

It does seem like that ending has definitely been retconned out of existence sadly, her dialog is in this file and the opening conversations are basically at the top for those who want to look

\pillarsofeternityII_data\exported\localized\en\text\conversations\companions\companion_pallegina_hub.stringtable  (open with notepad++ or whatever you happen to use for .txt)

There is no mention of Kind Wayfarers and while she does have responses for the various other endings there are only two that go with being exiled, the one mentioned in this thread which says she went on to be a caravan guard (so the never finish her quest ending) and the one where she receives the pardon (so disobey orders but strength the Dyrwooden's) but none the match disobeying while picking one of the other options for the souls (unless I missed one but I'm pretty sure I didn't).

So it does seem to be working as intended I think? It is a bit unfortunate that there's not at least a slightly different conversation for what would have to be the most common ending players picked compared to the least common one though :(

So... unless you ally yourself with Galawain, she will always end up as an angry hobo paladin?

Kind of disheartening.

Well this is incredibly stupid and disappointing... But thank you for answering

Edited by Dopsim

That's really disappointing. In my post above this one I was speculating that maybe some of her dialog at the very least was a little different between not finishing her quest, and the Kind Wayfarer ending. But this is sounding like you could have blown her off in POE1, and still received the same version of her as those of us that used her in our party the entire time and went the Kind Wayfarer route. 

Definitely puts a damper on the continuity between my Watcher and her. 

• Like 1