I did the "A Glimpse Beyond" quest and now I'm stuck with the seemingly permanent "Burden of Memory" stat debuff. Has anyone encountered this and knows of a way to get rid of it? -2 might and resolve is a pretty hefty price to pay for something I did in the first game.

Not sure about this specific debuff. But those radiating pillars you encounter in dungeons sometimes apply a permanent debuff as well. Resting removes those debuff a however.

Have you tried resting?

Yeah I rested a couple times but it doesn't go away

I was having the same problem and posted on reddit about it. since then it has disappeared whilst exploring on my ship for a couple of hours, it might be a time based or rest based debuff without a counter

• 1 month later...

This debuff is from breaking your promise to Rymrgand in PoE 1. I've heard that it is bugged and sometimes gets applied to you even if you didn't. It is time based, not rest based, and it will go away eventually. Berath's debuff is way worse. I just sat around with the game on fast mode and watched some youtube on my phone. Looked up after a few videos and it was gone.