Can't load any of my saves

badfox

Question

5 answers to this question

Hello badfox,

It appears that you may beed to verify where your saves are going to, looks like the game may be trying to load a save in a different location? Please let me know if you still need further assistance!

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I have the same issue. I can see the saves in C:\Users\<username>\Saved Games\Pillars of Eternity II, but nothing happens when i try to load after the party was wiped. Just returns to the load or quit prompt. Aslo, when restarting the game, all the saves are gone from the load menu, and only "New game" is available to press.

The logs seems to indicate that there are some permission issues. After removing the `Temp/Obsidian Entertainment` folder, the saves reappear when restarting the game, but nothing happens when I try to Load

ZIP FILE WAS CORRUPT! C:/Users/Kristoffer/Saved Games/Pillars of Eternity/d516eecc-84fc-4112-811a-c5e1faaaeb85 autosave (2016_04_07 19_15_08 UTC).savegame

(Filename: C:/buildslave/unity/build/artifacts/generated/common/runtime/DebugBindings.gen.cpp Line: 51)

UnauthorizedAccessException: Access to the path "C:/Users/KRISTO~1/AppData/Local/Temp/Obsidian Entertainment/Pillars of Eternity II/loadedSave.zip" is denied.
  at System.IO.File.Delete (System.String path) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
  at Game.LegacySaveGameImporter.GetGameCompleteLegacySaveGameInfos (SizeStyle sizeStyle, System.Boolean& abort) [0x00000] in <filename unknown>:0 
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:Internal_LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.DebugLogHandler:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Logger:LogException(Exception, Object)
UnityEngine.Debug:LogException(Exception)
Game.LegacySaveGameImporter:GetGameCompleteLegacySaveGameInfos(SizeStyle, Boolean&)
SaveGameInfo:CacheSaveGameInfoThreadFunc()

(Filename:  Line: -1)
Edited by sewe89
  • Like 1

I am having this issue. My saves are going where they are supposed to, but when i start the game up it only gives me an option to start new game. Cant get it to find my saves. I even made a new save and then quit POE2 to desktop. went back and Load Game is greyed out can only start new game again. I uninstalled POE2 and reinstalled. same issue. I need help Game is LITERALLY unplayable right now.

I am having this issue. My saves are going where they are supposed to, but when i start the game up it only gives me an option to start new game. Cant get it to find my saves. I even made a new save and then quit POE2 to desktop. went back and Load Game is greyed out can only start new game again. I uninstalled POE2 and reinstalled. same issue. I need help Game is LITERALLY unplayable right now.

https://forums.obsidian.net/topic/104385-steam-save-files-not-loading/

Assuming the game is fully updated (there was a problem like this that was fixed in the first patch) another common cause of this problem is antivirus or security programs. If you have any, check their various permission settings or try temporarily disabling them.