Just wondering if there's anything potentially major I'd be missing out on if I make a Godlike. I'm planning to start up a Nature Godlike Skald/Berserker tonight, which I imagine has good synergy since Barb frenzy will keep the Nature +2 Power Level buff active very often. Before I pull the trigger I just want to make sure there isn't like some amazing barb-specific helmet that I'd feel dumb for locking myself out of.

good question. missing an equipment slot is a hell of a price to pay for +2 power level. Plus if 20 is the max level, the only thing to comapre this to would be PoE1 where by level 15 or so you could access a +4 might helm... so I guess ask yourself, is +2 power level >= +4 might? probably?

I got a stylish pirate hat (with eye patch) at the start that had a per bonus. I was more disapointed about misding the looks on that for my moon GL.

Be careful with that hat, although it grants 1 perception, you get a -5 to defense when flanked, have to click the effect text in the item's description to see this.

I decided to not stress too hard and went ahead with my N.Godlike. I'm sure there will be some great helms in the game, but that's what subsequent runs are for!

When I see a helm that gives +2 Power levels then maybe its comparable.

There is one that gives -20% recovery with 2H (I used the console so I don’t know where/how it is found.)

• Like 1

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

My first build will be a 2H devoted/helwalker.

With the right equipment you can get your recovery below 2s, which is pretty darn good for a 2H in Deadfire.

"Time is not your enemy. Forever is."

— Fall-From-Grace, Planescape: Torment

"It's the questions we can't answer that teach us the most. They teach us how to think. If you give a man an answer, all he gains is a little fact. But give him a question, and he'll look for his own answers."

— Kvothe, The Wise Man's Fears

My Deadfire mods: Brilliant Mod | Faster Deadfire | Deadfire Unnerfed | Helwalker Rekke | Permanent Per-Rest Bonuses | PoE Items for Deadfire | No Recyled Icons | Soul Charged Nautilus

I'm doing Berserker/Devoted with great sword atm. Also tried Berserker/Bleak Walker - which was considerably more powerful during the first few levels.

Berserker/Bleak walker becomes even more nuts at PL VII with Blood Thrist and 0 Recovery after kill. Also Brand->FOD->Barbarian Blow is just nuts. And Spirit Frenzy- stuns on hits and and WIld Spirit and Focus Aura lol. He is a monster :D.

I will play him after my Monk/Zerker

I decided to not stress too hard and went ahead with my N.Godlike. I'm sure there will be some great helms in the game, but that's what subsequent runs are for!

Yeah.  I'm not nearly brave enough to do PotD on my first playthrough.  Don't need to min/max for other difficulties.

[Aside: Yes, I know that some of the better players here clear Triple Crown Solo for breakfast and don't need min/maxing for "merely" PotD, but I'm nowhere near that good.  :)  ]

I'm doing Berserker/Devoted with great sword atm. Also tried Berserker/Bleak Walker - which was considerably more powerful during the first few levels.

Berserker/Bleak walker becomes even more nuts at PL VII with Blood Thrist and 0 Recovery after kill. Also Brand->FOD->Barbarian Blow is just nuts. And Spirit Frenzy- stuns on hits and and WIld Spirit and Focus Aura lol. He is a monster :D.

Yes, pretty cool right from the start until the end I guess. Also the intellect resistance + Berserker seems to be cool as well as the several additional passive on-kill effects of paladins like Inspiring Triumph and the one that gives you back 1 zeal on kill.

I now just want to check how Blood Thirst behaves with Cleaving Stance + Whispers of the Endless Paths. :)

• Like 1

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

Yes, pretty cool right from the start until the end I guess. Also the intellect resistance + Berserker seems to be cool as well as the several additional passive on-kill effects of paladins like Inspiring Triumph and the one that gives you back 1 zeal on kill.

I now just want to check how Blood Thirst behaves with Cleaving Stance + Whispers of the Endless Paths. :)

Simillar to Shattered Pillar/Berserker Berserker/Devoted is more AOE monster. Cleaving Stance + Carnage is I guess close or as good as Torment Reach + Carnage + Rooting Pain. 

While Bleak Walker/Berserker is more single target nuker and tank.

All 3 are great fun to play as :D I literally want to start every map from beginning with each of this combos :D :D