curse of nightmares

Casper

Question

so it seems each of my companions has 10 instances of this curse, and each one hits for -2 resolve for each character, and it seems it never ends... is this supposed to happen?

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

15 answers to this question

Hello Casper,

Weird bug. Does this persists all the time? And do you know when this issue started for you? A savegame file would help greatly to see what's going on here. Let me know if you need assistance sending that if you need it!

Thank you,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I have encountered the same bug.

It is with these small obelisk things in the Old City beneath Neketaka:

1KSZfPo.jpg

They continuously fire an AoE debuff around them when approached, which apparently stacks with itself and does not have a duration so does not wear off. At first each instance of the effect on a character was separate, but upon saving and loading (did this to see if it got rid of the bug) they collapsed into a single instance with the effect repeated many times, as pictured here:

izZrbJ0.jpg

I have available two save games:

-One with the bugged curse on my characters
-Another without it, with my party located near the bugged pillars, for convenient testing.

Please inform me as to the best method for delivering these.

EDIT: Resting in a tavern seems to remove the bugged status effect.

Edited by Palantyre
  • Like 1

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

i've found the only means of removing the debuff from the obelisks is resting, and the curse of darkness seems to do the same thing. i'll see if i can dig up a save file

• Like 1

Yesterday, upon the stair, I met a man who wasn't there. He wasn't there again today, I wish, I wish he'd go away... -Hughes Mearns

I had the same issue too when i fought the Purakau Drake. 3 of my characters where affected by a Curse of Darkness that wouldnt go way even when resting with the food. The only thing that healed that was sleeping on a inn as Palantyre said.

For what it's worth, after having played the game a lot more now and having come across more and different types of these sigils, I'm getting the feeling that at least the "permanent until rest" part, and possibly the stacking too, might be working as intended, as the general philosophy with traps and other defense mechanisms seems to be that they're a more serious threat now. Plus you can often also find a sigil wardstone that will remove and protect you from the effect.

But even if I'm right, we're still left with the issue of the UI getting cluttered with multiple instances of the effect in question, which should probably be looked at.

• Like 2

~And the Lord said unto John: Come forth, and receive eternal life! But alas, John came fifth and won a toaster instead.~

Palantyre has the right of it. It's not a bug. The debuff is supposed to stack. You can destroy the sigils and/or use a wardstone to protect yourself from the effect. It's a pain, I know, but it's part of the game. Now, if camping or resting doesn't remove the debuff, that's a bug and needs to be looked at.

I was under the strong impression that this is intentional. These obelisks and sigils have been working like this all through the backer beta. When I notice one of these, I beeline to them in order to destroy ASAP. I reckon they are pretty cool, and they are often placed further back - sometimes you don't see them at first. Nice stuff!

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***

Yeah, this was my first encounter with these things, so I had no idea what they were. In my defense, the unsightly UI spam threw me off.

Edited by Palantyre

As long as each attribute subtraction is kept in one update on our characters, it should be fine. That ugly -2, -2, -2, -2 spam, for instance, that qualifies as a bug in itself. 

• Like 2

*** "The words of someone who feels ever more the ent among saplings when playing CRPGs" ***