[Bug] Lost Dues in Good Faith/Oathbinder's Sanctum bug

Galadedrid

Question

So I actually stopped at the Oathbinder's Sanctum before reaching Neketaka, cleared the first two floors and released the innocent soul, and killed the Shadows which spawn in the aftermath.

I left since one of the doors on the level had no interaction prompt at all (the one on the Western Wall) while the Northern door simply says 'this door is stuck fast' and there was nothing else interactable in the dungeon, aside from the two statues.

I returned after getting the quest to save Oswald from the Woediccans, but it's as before.

The quest journal advanced to "judging by the lit candles..." as soon as I turned in the previous step.

Friends I've asked say their journal includes the "lost soul proclaiming its innocence" part in their quest journal - but since I've already triggered and completed that interaction (before accepting this quest, which it has not retroactively logged) I assume I'm just locked out of the bottom of the pyramid entirely.

Please advise.

Edit - unfortunately the upload limit is 530k and the savegame appears to already be maximally compressed at 1.5MB, so I stuck it on file.io - https://file.io/1aHBkN

Edited by Galadedrid

10 answers to this question

Hi there,

this bug is pestering me now as well. I assume it's straight forward with reproducing: go to the sanctum before the quest with oswald begins, clear it out, get the quest later and you are stuck since there is no way to open the doors and the "dark room" is completely empty.

Regards,

Firehand

Super, here's to hoping it's a straightforward fix. Meantime there's an absurd amount of other stuff I can be doing, thanks and have a great evening.

After some investigations, Are you able to use the interactable switches in the room? They will show up as any interactable.

Thanks!

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

I've encountered a separate bug with this quest. Sorry to bojack the thread, but I don't require support, so just a quick description of it:

If you interrupt the trial but then let it go on to completion ("I bow to the wisdom of the court."), then go report to Kahn that Oswald is dead, the quest is not completed, you don't get any experience, and the quest remains stuck in your log. Choosing to tell her he was broke gets the exact same dialogue, but does properly finish the quest.

Super, here's to hoping it's a straightforward fix. Meantime there's an absurd amount of other stuff I can be doing, thanks and have a great evening.

After some investigations, Are you able to use the interactable switches in the room? They will show up as any interactable.

Thanks!

-Caleb

Hi Caleb.

Assuming we're talking about the room in the middle of the second floor where the tortured spirit was and the shadows spawn, with the corpses on the floor - there are NO interactable objects at all in there in my game.

Edited by Galadedrid

In the very same room you're talking about, where the spirit was in the center room, if you look to the left on the outside of that center room you'll see there's two other doors, one of which clearly says that its ''stuck fast'' the other however can be opened.... move your cursor slowly from the left hand side of it along the left wall you'll come to a hidden lever to open the door. :)

Good luck.

• Like 1

Just to add, in pillars of eternity 2 a lot of the levers, buttons of the doors you're trying to open are on the immediate left or right of said door, also one of the best things in an adventurers arsenal when dungeon diving is his trusty ''torch'', if that particular lever, button is else where, they really do help tons when its so dark. :)

I've encountered a separate bug with this quest. Sorry to bojack the thread, but I don't require support, so just a quick description of it:

If you interrupt the trial but then let it go on to completion ("I bow to the wisdom of the court."), then go report to Kahn that Oswald is dead, the quest is not completed, you don't get any experience, and the quest remains stuck in your log. Choosing to tell her he was broke gets the exact same dialogue, but does properly finish the quest.

That particular quest seems to be broken in all the ways when you don't follow it from the quest giver to the quest in the right order. For instance...

1 ) I met Oswald in the temple and saved him before ever reaching Neketaka (he even asked me whether somebody sent me tind him).

2 ) Took him up on his offer and left him reserve. The quest was complete, even though I hadn't met Kahn yet.

3 ) When I later met Kahn, she asked me whether or not I met an old elf, and I only could tell her he's dead and was broke, to which she stormed off.

4 ) I reloaded and put him in my crew.

5 ) Talked to Kahn again and this time she asked me about the ancient elf on my crew...

6 ) I told her he was flat broke and I wouldn't pick up his bill, and she got angry and "stormed off" again, but actually kept standing at her spot in the tavern.

7 ) When I talked to her again (without reloading), I could talk to her normally again, and ask her about herself, etc. however...

8 ) ...in regards to Oswald, I could again only tell her that he was dead and flat broke, to which she stomed off yet again (for real, this time)...

If you ask me, this quest is either missing a couple of possible steps/states (meeting Oswald without having met Kahn, most notably) or should not be possible to do unless you met Kahn first...

Sorry for the hijack, but this quest seems to need a good hard look in general.

Edited by warbaby2