Inspirations / Afflictions list

do opposite afflictions cancel each other? Or how does it work?

To be detailed, I was told it's sort of like subtraction. If you have a T3 int affliction and you get a T1 int buff, you now have a T2 int affliction. But don't take my (or my informant's) word for it, I'm sure someone knows for sure how it works.

Aaaanyway. Brilliant inspiration. List all its sources. Nownownownownownow. Now.

My Deadfire mods
Out With The Good: The mod for tidying up your Deadfire combat tooltip.
Waukeen's Berth: Make all your basic purchases at Queen's Berth.
Carrying Voice: Wider chanter invocations.
Nemnok's Congregation: Lets all priests express their true faith.

Deadfire skill check catalogue right here!

do opposite afflictions cancel each other? Or how does it work?

To be detailed, I was told it's sort of like subtraction. If you have a T3 int affliction and you get a T1 int buff, you now have a T2 int affliction. But don't take my (or my informant's) word for it, I'm sure someone knows for sure how it works.

Aaaanyway. Brilliant inspiration. List all its sources. Nownownownownownow. Now.

I only know of the Chanter buff upgrade "Set to their Purpose, They all knew their Part" at power level 7.

Intuitive (Tier 3 PER Inspiration) has been nerfed to 25 % Hit-to-Crit only but other than that it should be correct.

The con debuff healing penalties have been reduced as well. Sickened is 25% now iirc, not sure of the higher level ones.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

As a new 2019 player, I hate to state the obvious, but this visual table should really be in the game's Tutorials section. 

I read the short tutorial in-game and the game's manual, and would never have guessed what the image here explains. 

Edited by Baraz
  • Like 1

Right.

I guess we all agree that PoE and Deadfire don't explain and present their mechanics very well. At least I never read something like "Cool - the mechanics are exceptionally well explained in the game". 🤓

But maybe... maybe it's all intentional. So that new players get drawn to the boards, seeking advice. Genius plan, huh? ;)

Deadfire Community Patch: Nexus Mods

15 hours ago, Baraz said:

As a new 2019 player, I hate to state the obvious, but this visual table should really be in the game's Tutorials section. 

I read the short tutorial in-game and the game's manual, and would never have guessed what the image here explains. 

do note that the table is slightly inaccurate these days after several patches.

I hate to be self-aggrandizing, but a more detailed and up-to-date version is here: https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/pc/227477-pillars-of-eternity-ii-deadfire/faqs/76599/afflictions-and-inspirations

• Thanks 1

I am quite embarrassed to say that someone made me realize that the first section of the Cyclopedia is called Afflictions & Inspirations and has quite enough information to understand the system.  But I had not noticed it after reading the entire Tutorial, reading other sections of the Cyclopedia, etc.  Sigh. 

It is my mistake on one level ; on another level small things could make it clearer (more info on the keyword tool-tips or links to the relevant sections of the Cyclopedia).