Can't heal my ship crew

captainbutt

Question

I have a surgeon in the right place, the injured crew members in the resting spot and 100 medical supplies. I wait for several days, nothing happens.

Then, all of the sudden it works perfectly and I healed everybody but 1 crew member and then it stopped working again.

Am I missing something or is this a bug?

6 answers to this question

Sounds like a bug. Does your Surgeon have a surgeon job in description though? Other than that, sounds like you did everything right - injured crew in passive slots. Could it be that crew heals after some event takes place, like you start or complete a quest maybe? At least that's how it worked in POE, that things updated after some event triggered in the code.

I wonder if POE2 has a day/hour counter in the game's code ticking, which it probably should, since there is a night and day cycle. I had the same question, tried to remove/add the surgeon to the slot but the rating didn't change. I guess no matter you have surgeon slotted or not, the crew won't heal even in the passive slot, until the day ends and new calculations are made, when the new day starts. But then again you waited three days. Buncha bugs still. Fresh release.

I have a surgeon in the right place, the injured crew members in the resting spot and 100 medical supplies. I wait for several days, nothing happens.

Then, all of the sudden it works perfectly and I healed everybody but 1 crew member and then it stopped working again.

Yes, the surgeon has the right job, in fact I have 2 surgeons, I switched them but nothing happens. I didn't really do anything to make it work, I kept spamming the Wait button (24 hours, sometimes 26) and it just happened to work all of the sudden. I kept buying the supplies needed while they were being healed but then it stopped again.

The weird thing is that most of the time the game doesn't even ask for the money that the crew costs. Then it started asking for the money again, but no healing.

I really hope it's just me being dumb and not a bug, because I was enjoying the game so much...

Sounds like a bug. Does your Surgeon have a surgeon job in description though? Other than that, sounds like you did everything right - injured crew in passive slots. Could it be that crew heals after some event takes place, like you start or complete a quest maybe? At least that's how it worked in POE, that things updated after some event triggered in the code.

I wonder if POE2 has a day/hour counter in the game's code ticking, which it probably should, since there is a night and day cycle. I had the same question, tried to remove/add the surgeon to the slot but the rating didn't change. I guess no matter you have surgeon slotted or not, the crew won't heal even in the passive slot, until the day ends and new calculations are made, when the new day starts. But then again you waited three days. Buncha bugs still. Fresh release.

I was trying to tackle the merchant ship (they are tough for me still, playing on classic), so I kept reloading from the same save (because the enemy ships are rigged to have higher chance of hitting you, even though we both are doing same maneuvers). When you reload, the game will additionally remove something from your supplies, happened every time I reloaded, different amount of different things with different load from the same save file. At one point, I reloaded from the same save and the game removed 72 medicines, but the sailors were as injured as before... So yeah, bugz enterprise.

Yes, the surgeon has the right job, in fact I have 2 surgeons, I switched them but nothing happens. I didn't really do anything to make it work, I kept spamming the Wait button (24 hours, sometimes 26) and it just happened to work all of the sudden. I kept buying the supplies needed while they were being healed but then it stopped again.

The weird thing is that most of the time the game doesn't even ask for the money that the crew costs. Then it started asking for the money again, but no healing.

I really hope it's just me being dumb and not a bug, because I was enjoying the game so much...

Edited by Shepard

Hello captainbutt,

Thanks for posting! Sorry you're having issues with it, Are you able to get us a save depicting the issue? It would really help us for investigating this issue. I'll get it bugged in the meantime to see if we can reproduce it and figure out the issue at hand.

Best,

-Caleb

I like big bugs and I cannot lie...

Sure, how do I do that? is there a way to upload my save here or do I need to use a different website?

Also, I have a new problem. The whole Tikawara island is making my game and my computer crash. At first it was kinda random when trying to investigate a place, but now every time I try to fight the boars (I think it's a bunch of boars) my computer crashes.

EDIT: Ok it's not a bunch of boars, I find a wounded boar and then some lizzard men attack, the map loads and then my computer crashes and restarts itself.

Hello captainbutt,

Thanks for posting! Sorry you're having issues with it, Are you able to get us a save depicting the issue? It would really help us for investigating this issue. I'll get it bugged in the meantime to see if we can reproduce it and figure out the issue at hand.

Best,

-Caleb

Edited by captainbutt