Question

Description:

During the quest a Shipwright's Plight the only option I have when talking to Captain Radora is "You don't seem to be having as much fun as the rest of the clientele." She responds "The fun ran dry with the coin" and "When the dancers see more than an empty purse, I will be a content Radora."  Due to being unable to speak to Radora the only option I have to complete the quest is to lying to Zamar and then paying for the commission.

Step to Reproduce:

1, Obtain information about Captain Radora and thugs from Tiela in the back alley during the day.

2. Wait till night and deal with the thugs (Either by killing them or convincing them to leave Zamar alone).

3. Attempt to speak to Captain Radora but have no options regarding the quest. 

4. Talk to Zamar to complete the quest, tell him you handled the thugs, then the only option to progress is to lie about Captain Radora.

5. You can then complete the quest by paying the commission

Steps 4 there seems like there should be dialog options with Captain Radora but I think dealing with the bandits before speaking with her causes a bug to occur. Which then leads to being unable to have additional options with Zamar.

Save Game and Screenshots

https://www.dropbox.com/s/2xpuffu8ivfqzn6/Shipwright%27s%20Plight.rar?dl=0

System Specs:

DxDiag.txt

DxDiag.txt

8 answers to this question

I spoke with Radora before I dealt with the pirates (however, I did receive the information about them being in the alley at night prior to finding Radora) and ran into the same problem -- only option was to buy her a drink and the same options you had.  Couldn't ask her about the quest.

Leads to the same problem, only way to complete the quest is to lie to Zamar.

Found another potential issue with this quest. If you talk to the thugs with serafen in your party after discovering that they robbed Radora, you have two options: accept their deal with the principi or attack them (and get aggressive disposition which is a big no for my Paladin). It feels weird that there's no way to just say no to them but not attack them.

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

Found another potential issue with this quest. If you talk to the thugs with serafen in your party after discovering that they robbed Radora, you have two options: accept their deal with the principi or attack them (and get aggressive disposition which is a big no for my Paladin). It feels weird that there's no way to just say no to them but not attack them.

Also encountered this one. Went with it anyway, but I was kind of expecting to be able to get him to back down instead of killing him or going along with the extortion. Although after a few Streetwise checks with Zamar I still completed the quest without violence and got the discount,,,just not as morally as I had hoped.

Same thing happened on my end.  I think I gained information about Radora by talking to someone in town.  Went into the pub, and my conversation options with her felt incomplete.  Whole quest is bugged now, as no matter how I attempt to finish it, I feel like an a-hole afterwards, and my only dialogue choice with Zamar is to lie to him.

Have had to start this game over 3 times now due to save import issues and quest-related snags.

I really don't understand why the PoE games have so much trouble with quest tracking.  No other games have given me this much issue.

Guest Jamila

Oh, I run into this too. Learning about robbery from Tiela before Redora apparently makes it impossible to complete without lying. Which I rarely do and it does not even make sense in this case. So I will leave it unfinished for now.