SUGGESTION - skip introduction (tiny intro spoiler, not hidden)

Hello fellow players, Obsidian guys,

First of all, congratulations for the release, the game looks very nice so far and a far cry from the Closed Beta indeed !

I would like to lay before everyone the following suggestion of what I consider an improvement :

- it should be possible to skip the "intro" scene where you walk as a soul, leading up to a conversation with a woman and character creation

One can definitely appreciate all the care that went into the making of this introduction, the flashbacks, the graphics, the voiceover, it's all immersive and gorgeous.

However, and I am deeply sorry to say this, it... it gets old, guys.

After you make your 6th character it just... it gets old.

I know the sequence, I've seen it, I've seen it and re-seen it over and over.

Will you please let me skip it ?

I want to experiment with different classes, and builds, and mixes of multi characters.

Instead, I end up watching the intro over and over and over again.

At some point, and again I say this with regret, I'm going to loathe this sequence.

I know it, you know it, everyone knows it.

It will have become my single most powerful enemy against starting a new game.

Please, let those who wish it skip this sequence entirely and just get to character creation.

• Like 24

Came here to write this thread. Very well worded.

I care about the story and I was amazed by the intro the first time, but there are so many possibilities for classes and I want to experiment with some of them. At the very least, let us save just before sitting so we can reload and start with the character creation as soon as possible, or make it a level 0 blessing of Berath.

• Like 5

Yes this as to become an option, this intro is so bloody annoying even the second time around...
It's just clicking and some memories... Give us an option to save or start from the chair sequence!

• Like 2

Wait. You are on your 6th character already? It gets old? Game just came out yesterday! Anyhoo, the beginning literally is like 5 minutes or so. Maybe 15 if you count talking to the death chick at the table.

I just feel like there are all these "nitpick" threads when there are far greater issues at hand...

FYI, Eric from obsidian posted a reply over on reddit commenting on  this issue where he stated that the intro was designed to be skippable and that there must be something bugged at the moment to prevent it... anyway... read for yourself...

https://www.reddit.com/r/projecteternity/comments/8i4frs/please_make_intro_scene_skippable_after_youve/

• Like 7

First of all, congratulations for the release, the game looks very nice so far and a far cry from the Closed Beta indeed !

I would like to lay before everyone the following suggestion of what I consider an improvement :

- it should be possible to skip the "intro" scene where you walk as a soul, leading up to a conversation with a woman and character creation

One can definitely appreciate all the care that went into the making of this introduction, the flashbacks, the graphics, the voiceover, it's all immersive and gorgeous.

I want to experiment with different classes, and builds, and mixes of multi characters.

At some point, and again I say this with regret, I'm going to loathe this sequence.

Please, let those who wish it skip this sequence entirely and just get to character creation.

+1.  I've already restarted three times (I'm indecisive!), and I'm reaaally tired of that intro.  It was gorgeous and immersive the first time I saw it, but now I'm just clicking on the right side of the screen like crazy.

• Like 2

Wait. You are on your 6th character already? It gets old? Game just came out yesterday! Anyhoo, the beginning literally is like 5 minutes or so. Maybe 15 if you count talking to the death chick at the table.

I just feel like there are all these "nitpick" threads when there are far greater issues at hand...

Some of suffer from restartitis. Its an incurable disease. Please don't judge us. 

• Like 3

The first time through, it's kind of cool to have what amounts to a wrapper and some background for the character creation process.  But after the first time, the info-wrapper becomes tedious.  It'd be nice if after the first time, you could go straight to the character building to be followed by a little dialog and then poof, you're in your body and you're off.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

Thinking back on this and my post, it occurs to me that there's no real reason that the character creation process has to be embedded in the "wrapper" of the walk over to visit Berath as well as the conversation with her.  I get that you need to sorta have that conversation as a lead-in to the picking a past story, but shouldn't it be possible to create the rest of the character (i.e. attribute stats, class(es), skills, and abilities) BEFORE you go to meet Berath?  I don't see how the character's prior history has to have any bearing on the character creation process, unless there's something relating to the POE1 import process involved.

• Like 1

Oh Gods yes!!

I’ve restarted SO many times due to crashes, bugs and general annoyance, that I’m reaching the end of my rope having to wrangle the options menu for world states that vaguely resemble my POE:1 play through (that often enter deadfire wrong anyway), then sitting through the intro AGAIN, then character creation, then finally replaying the first boat battle again... it’s making me want to give up and just play Divinity again :(

The “far greater issues” are what’s CAUSING me to restart so many times lol.

The beta patch already includes this.

NICE. 

I'm wondering when the patch will be officially released, because I really don't want to start another party and have the patch drop midway through the play through.

• Like 1