When I am playing I find the camera follows the character I have selected.  I can see where this could be useful, but I find it very annoying.  I try to click on something while I'm walking and end up missing what I try to click because my camera moved.

I found a "Toggle Follow Camera - World Map" option in Settings > Controls, but this doesn't seem to do anything.

Is there another way to disable camera follow?  I'd rather have control and move the camera where I want it myself.

thanks

I'm still using the "Smart Camera" but I really think it's part of the problem causing the lag/skipping every 2~3 seconds many have reported. I'm no bug crusher, but it could be related. I'm trying to get used to it, but will likely turn it off to get the camera I'm used to most in CRPG's.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

You're right :( At least the stuttering seems to be because of my computer not being capable of 4K at the moment (I just bought a 4K monitor so lower than 4K in a text centered rpg is no option). When I lower the settings, the stuttering goes away to an okay level.

I do love the smart camera. The trick was to get used to pausing before picking something up, so I don't misclick, but it is still much less hassle then manually following the party at all times. Especially with "follow the mouse" moving around has been much more natural. And if I need to get to the other side of the map I can actually follow the party without a hassle.

Anyway, it would be great (@Obsidian) to have the double click movement like it has been there in any Infinity Engine game until PoE1 (I know it's Unity ;)). Since much time passed since the release of PoE2, I guess we never will see that (besides someone with the knowledge develops a mod for that). Maybe at least in a new game would be awesome.