Unique Dialogue Options Report (Deadfire Edition)

This pretty cool. Well done!

• Like 1

"Wizards do not need to be The Dudes Who Can AoE Nuke You and Gish and Take as Many Hits as a Fighter and Make all Skills Irrelevant Because Magic."

-Josh Sawyer

This is actually kind of disappointing. Concerning character creation, it looks like the same distribution concerning races and classes. Culture makes sense, but I am disappointed that the Snow elves have been shafted again. You'd think with how rare they're supposed to be that people would gawk more. It also surprises me how many references Orlans get, considering how few portraits they have.  

Edited by Durandal.IV
  • Like 1

I created a unique dialogue options report/statistical breakdown for Deadfire:

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options

This is a follow-up to my Eternity/White March breakdown from last year.

Nice work!

Some observations for anyone seeking to maximize their dialog options:

• Resolve is no longer the most important attribute for unlocking dialog options.  Instead, Perception is, followed by Might.
  • Fighter is the only class that does not unlock dialog options, although the Blackjacket subclass does get one.
  • Priest of Magran gets more dialog options than any other subclass, including Priest of Eothas (!).
  • Tekehu is the chattiest companion.  Aloth is the least chatty (excluding the sidekicks).
  • As might be expected, the Deadfire background unlocks the most dialog options.  Less expected: it has more options than every other background, combined.
  • Similarly, Island Aumaua get way more dialog options than any other race/subrace pairing.
  • Women get more dialog options than men, though not significantly so (8 vs. 4).
  • Diplomacy, Insight, Intimidate, and Bluff get substantially more dialog options than any other skill, in that order.  Streetwise is middle tier, and the rest are low tier.
  • Like 2

Is this datamined? Is the data complete for the entire game?

I don't understand what you're asking. How would I get the data without mining the tables?

As for completeness, the answer is no and that's intentional. You can find a complete table of script calls with parameter substitutions here.

I created a unique dialogue options report/statistical breakdown for Deadfire:

https://wiki.fireundubh.com/deadfire/dialogue-options

This is a follow-up to my Eternity/White March breakdown from last year.

Nice work!

Some observations for anyone seeking to maximize their dialog options:

• Resolve is no longer the most important attribute for unlocking dialog options.  Instead, Perception is, followed by Might.
  •  

If the datamine includes the exploration CYOA stories - the result is skewed. Many of those perception tests are any other team member you chose. But probably count to total of watcher tests anyway (because Watcher can be chosen and then it is a Watcher test).

If the datamine includes the exploration CYOA stories - the result is skewed. Many of those perception tests are any other team member you chose. But probably count to total of watcher tests anyway (because Watcher can be chosen and then it is a Watcher test).

No, the results would not be skewed.

• The IsAttributeScoreValue function requires a character parameter (GUID). These tables break down checks for the Watcher and other characters.
  • The IsSkillValue function requires both a character parameter and a party assist parameter (bool). These tables differentiate between Watcher-only and party-assistable checks.

IsAttributeScoreValue checks do not support party assist.

Edited by fireundubh

I do think you lose lot of stuff if you just look at table and pick options based on that <_< Like, godlikes themselves have a lot of racial reactions to them, much more than I remember first game having. Everytime you go to new island someone reacts to you being a godlike.

I do have to note that island amauma itself  isn't most common dialog option race wise I've seen, its deadfire culture PLUS island amauma as a combination.

Also, you really rarely use stats to solve things in dialog options in general. I haven't seen perception being used to solve stuff often, it is used to get extra observations stuff just like insight is, resolve and intellect are to me more often used as dialog choices you pick while perception is more of passive thing for most parts?

Edited by BrokenMask

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 months later...