How to steal tablet from Arkemyr's house?

I know that i can steal Arkemyr's robe and fool his imps. But after i got his robe, imps in Arkemyr's house still turn hostile to me.  Even I put on all his clothes, went into the house alone from the front door. What went wrong?  Anyone knows? :blink:

I'm pretty sure if you are ever detected in the Mansion without wearing the robes the place goes into alarm (you can hear the bg sound when you first load a new area in the mansion). After that, you have to carve a path murder hobo style.

I know that i can steal Arkemyr's robe and fool his imps. But after i got his robe, imps in Arkemyr's house still turn hostile to me.  Even I put on all his clothes, went into the house alone from the front door. What went wrong?  Anyone knows? :blink:

I went through the upperfloor and an imp talked to me and asked for the passphrase. No one turned hostile.

Where is the note with the pass phrase in it? I can't get into the vault...?

In his bedroom where you found the robe. In a container in the uppermost corner(can't remember what container, library, or desk). It's not a quest item though, and it shows up in the 'Other' tab, named Arkemyr's notes.

• 4 months later...

It's also possible to be all sneaky, without combat, if you have high enough mechanic skills to open the vault without the gem - you can sneak in through basement of luminus bathhouse, alas make sure to disarm security system, before ramming through the wall. 

• 1 month later...
Guest Psychovampiric Shield

It's also possible to be all sneaky, without combat, if you have high enough mechanic skills to open the vault without the gem - you can sneak in through basement of luminus bathhouse, alas make sure to disarm security system, before ramming through the wall. 

It is possible with relatively low mechanics too. The imp that has gems can be pickpocketed from distance (probably with zero stealth and sleight of hand) and while tricky, Maia level ~5 can sneak all the way to Arkemyr's office and get the combination.

EDIT: correction, the imp requires sleight of hand 2. To sum it up, one can e.g. break in from Luminous Bathhouse, ignore everything, go upstairs, have Maia loot Arkemyr's office (vault combination), go upstairs again, pickpocket the imp (gems), go back to the basement and open and loot the vault, where it requires some, but not very high mechanics to open chest with the tablet (other chests may require higher). Then the quest can be conlcluded and the rest of the manor looted without worries.

Edited by Psychovampiric Shield