Welp, i just effed my 'soft-ironman' playthrough (i don't think the game is in a bug free state enough to roll an actual POTD ironman playthrough, at least for me) by going down there too early and not being able to get out (or survive down there, cause oh boy, those grubs).

But i assume you can't go back with the lift and have to find another way out, at least that's how i understood it from the "Lone Survivor" down there.

Edited by Juodas Varnas
  • Like 1

You have to go into the Old City Ruins (Towards the bottom of the Old City map) When at the ruins, you can follow the right side of the map to a cave. The cave takes you back to Peddlar's Canal in the Queen's Berth.

There's a survivor?!

No wait. Sorry. The way to the Peddlar's Canal in not through that cave. In the Old City Ruins, you have to fight your down (or sneak to) to the bottom left corner, where you will find a third area called the Undercroft. From there, you can make your way down the right side again and find a way back to the Peddlar's Canal.

I've forgotten where the cave in my last post goes. I couldn't edit my previous post because my posts still undergo mod approval

• Like 1

haha i did the same thing, I didn't think he was serious about the time limit. I have no problems fighting the stuff down there, but I'm going to struggle to get out of this without rep loss with the principi

I'm down there at level 6 and (without spoiling) there is quite a difficult big creature somewhere...

I really do not want to hurt my rep with the Principi by fighting through the Undercroft and most part of my team sucks at sneaking: any easy way to do so?

I had this problem, too, and stumbled across the answer.

If you can sneak over to the "exit" to Delver's Row, use it and return to the Undercroft. Immediately below that point is a Brawler. Walk past him and he'll ask what you're doing there. With a high enough Bluff you can claim you're there to meet his captain, and after talking to the Captain you're considered neutral and can leave in the boat.

I think this is either an oversight or a lucky break, but it will get you back to Queen's Berth.

haha i did the same thing, I didn't think he was serious about the time limit. I have no problems fighting the stuff down there, but I'm going to struggle to get out of this without rep loss with the principi

I'm down there at level 6 and (without spoiling) there is quite a difficult big creature somewhere...

I really do not want to hurt my rep with the Principi by fighting through the Undercroft and most part of my team sucks at sneaking: any easy way to do so?

I killed the big creature at level 6 with my party. Eventually I managed to get out without principi lost rep by sneaking one person through the pirates to talk to the pirate boss. Then they no longer turn hostile.

The survivor says he will meet you at port maje and make it worth your while. Dont be fooled, he does absolutely nothing...

pretty sure he gives you something. I know I got stuff from him, but I can't remember what

If you can sneak over to the "exit" to Delver's Row, use it and return to the Undercroft. Immediately below that point is a Brawler. Walk past him and he'll ask what you're doing there. With a high enough Bluff you can claim you're there to meet his captain, and after talking to the Captain you're considered neutral and can leave in the boat.

I had already spoken to the guard so I was forced to kill him. I lost reputation with the Criminals, which locked me out of the black market, sadly. Guess I can't buy a Principi sail for Serafen's quest.

Aloth massages his temples, shaking his head.

I found it very strange that when I get to the smugglers cove at the end of this area, someone say's 'we're watching you don't try anything'(or something along them lines) and then I can just wander about their camp without anyone caring.

Surely they would take me hostage immediately or attack me if a complete stranger just waltzed on into their illegal operation???

nowt

Once you reach the Undercroft, just sneak with one character down to the renegade watershapers behind the wooden palisade to the east.

If you're careful you can squeeze between and behind them and find a boat to escape to Queen's Berth at the extreme east of the map.

The good news is that you only need to reach that exit with one character, which makes the sneaking that much easier. I did it with Eder and he had 0 in sneak, you just need careful timing.

Surely they would take me hostage immediately or attack me if a complete stranger just waltzed on into their illegal operation???

If you've done certain quests they will attack you. A few different quests push you towards that area.